Chapter 20: Finally

Rafe POV...

There he was, the source of all my pain, standing there like a cat caught in headlights. He had his daughter in his hands and the one thing I noticed was that she was human. Does that mean that he had sex with a human? But we would have felt it right? I honestly was so confused and I couldn't take my eyes off him. He looked taller and he has a bit more muscle now. Still looking my my best wet dream, he looked at Jake then at me again and continues his journey up the stairs. No words said to both of us, his mates, the two people who would take him back as soon as the words sorry leave his mouth and he says nothing. Well I have had it! With him and with being hurt. I couldn't make love to my own husband because of him, I've been hurt because of him and for a year I've had to be incomplete without and all he does is walk right passed us.

As I got up to leave, Larry walked in and nearly bumped into me. And seeing him just made me even angrier. His husband! His bloody husband!.... the husband of MY MATE nearly bumped into me, isn't that funny.
"Oh I'm sorry. I don't think we met last time I'm Larry, I'm..."
"His HUSBAND I know!"
Larry looked baffled as though he was not expecting my hostility, but what does he expect, he is the one sleeping with my mate on a daily basis and Will's scent on his is not doing anything to help with calming my wolf's anger.
"Rafe calm down, before you do something you might regret."
Jake said as he put his arms around me to provide a soothing effect. He is the only thing that makes sense right now. I sat down and waited for the rest to join us at the dining table. Jake's parents came first and then Will came down. At the head of the table was Jake's father, next to him was his mother and next to her it was Jake then me. Opposite us sat Will then Larry, holding hands like it's the most normal thing in the world. Ares was getting angrier and angrier as he witnessed his mate with another.

There was silence at the table, with the only sounds being heard, being that of the utensils. We had our meal in silence until the "husband" decided to speak.
"The food is very delicious. Thank you for the great meal mam, it's not often that I get a home cooked meal."
"Why don't you know how to cook?"
Asked Will's mother. And Larry nodded no due to his mouth still being full.
"Will knows how to cook. I'm shocked he hasn't cooked for you yet dear."
My fists clenched in anger and Jake put his hand on my knee as a way to calm me down.
"My husband and I are very busy, we dedicate our time to running the company and to our little one. We hardly get time to each other anymore, if you know what I mean."
The whole table tensed as those words left his mouth. The shocking thing is that Will smiled at him. How could he?

"Will"
Jake said and everything went silent.
"Jake"
The tension could be cut with a knife. Both brothers looked at each other with straight faces.
"How could you possibly sit there, with your so called husband, and smile as if nothing is wrong. Have you no shame."
Will said nothing at that. He looked at Jake with no emotion on his face, have we really lost our Will forever, and even so why is he here. Time went on as we waited for an answer from Will.
"So called husband huh? His name is Larry and the reason why I'm smiling is because it's amusing to see the little faith my family has in me. I'm baffled really that not just my mates but my own mother has little faith in me."
What does he mean by that? How could he expect us to have faith in him when he is the one with the husband?
"What do you mean by little faith" His mother asked as she looked just as confused as us.
"I mean mother none of you believe in me. You all think I am married it's funny really"
Wait what....
"Larry is not my husband! He is my best friend and no we do not share a relationship like lovers. I may have left my mates but one thing I'm not is unfaithful."

We all kept quiet but my heart was doing leaps in my chest. He isn't married meaning he still belongs to us. He is still ours and now that he is back there is no way I am letting him get away again.

😘