Chapter- 12

I'm so excited for u guys to read this chapter ;) *wink-wink*

Mark's POV
I can do it.
I can do it.
I can do it.
I kept murmuring this stupid phrase, just to bring some positive vibes. For god knows what reason, I was so nervous about this whole fake dating thing that I didn't notice where we were walking to.

I was following Dash, Emi and Jean to the front yard, maybe to my car which was parked over there. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice a banana peel right in front of me and anyone can guess what will happen next.

I was wondering who kept that in front of the porch, when I stepped on it. My mind was blank and maybe I just wanted to test whether you fall every time you step on banana peel. So I slipped and fell down. All three of them stopped abruptly and turn around out at the noise of that mini-earthquake they just experienced.

"Did you just fall?" Dash asked more or less amazed.
"No, I attacked the floor."
"Backwards?" Dash doubted and narrowed his eyes.
"I'm freaking talented." I said getting up on my feet.

"Aww, Mark if you could be a little more friendlier with those floors or pathways, maybe, just maybe, they will stop being your bullies and stop giving you scratches and bruises. Like the recent one you received on your right elbow." Jean pointed out, trying hard to keep a straight face. I glared at her but couldn't stop myself from laughing at my clumsiness.
Friendly my ass.

And then those two love birds started singing. "You got me tripping, stumbling, flipping and clumsy cuz I'm falling for you."

I was not done with both of them. So I winked towards Jean and she got my message.
Here it goes.

"Hey Jean?"
"Yes." she said looking all innocent.
"We have this right in our country to be whatever we want, right?"
"Yes, Mark."
"But I wonder, and it seems strange as well, why people choose to be stupid."
"That was rude." Emilia said.
"Well, dear sister I believe in annoyed at first sight over love at first sight."

And at that moment I realised that if sarcasm were a weapon, we would be owners of USA weaponry.

We were steps away from my car, when I realised that Emilia's behaviour got a bit changed. Her puppy eyes looked at me almost pitying. She strode closer towards me and all of the sudden started to hug me. I was like, what kind of bug? Just bite her.

Dash moved closer to us after a few seconds and slowly removed her arms from my back and kept whispering. "It's okay. Mark's okay. He's just a little bonkers. That's all." His hazel eyes almost pitied me. I shook my head at them and got into the car's driver seat and started to turn on the engine. But I couldn't find the keys. I searched every corner of my every pocket; just everywhere. I remember I shoved the keys down in my jeans but now they were nowhere to be found. Jean perceived my frantic moments as I searched for the keys and asked "What's wrong?"