Chapter-18

(IMP NOTE IN THE END! DON'T MISS THE SAME )

Ps: I don't know why but that above song always calms me down! Do listen it coz this time it perfectly suits this chapter.

"They always say time changes, but you actually have to change them yourself."
-Andy Warhol

💥Jeanette's POV💥

Ever felt that excitement and fear at the same time? When you have decided to do something that's completely new for you and at the same time you fear about its outcome. Well! This time, I was in the so called same situation.

I knew days were passing one after the other and soon we will all be leaving Florida to join our own pre-planned colleges. But I couldn't restrain that constant feeling of attraction. It was something that was surfacing and resurfacing in my brain as well as in my heart.

Attraction to my mind is a form of involuntary magnetism- between your self and somebody else. It's rarely a one way street.

Mark always knew about me, believing in true love. But I think, he never appreciated it. I know we all live in this real world, where we wake up not feeling fresh instead like an awful fish, where we can't read people looking in their eyes, where we can't find our Prince Charming that easy, where we don't get happy endings, where we can't trust our fate for a brighter future.

True love was just something I could wish for to be possibly perfect. I guess, I was wrong because all this time Mark showed me that life has its own imperfection and no flowery adjectives can be expressive for that love. As in the end your heart says it all, that's when you know it's true.

Of course I loved those date nights, the dinners, the nights we stayed in and watched Netflix, the nights we got drunk for no reason. Those things all make me feel really, really contented. But if someone asked me to describe exactly what was going on in my head during one of those moments, I wouldn't know what to say. Because, it was only after we broke up, I realized that Mark has already stolen a piece of my heart.

Thinking all this made me more confident about me being the one to propose Mark, today after we visit the amusement park.

It was not long when I arranged a staircase to jump through his window just to look his sacred yet surprised face, plus he looks super cute showing up his protective side towards me.

As I pulled back his window, I saw him waiting for someone near the slider as if he knew I was going to come up not from the door but the window. He lifted the slider's of the window and helped me to get in.

The thing that felt strange was he didn't say a word. His posture and movement seemed so rigid and robotic as if he had practised doing it several times. Not that I am a good eye reader but the fear and distress was quite visible. I noticed him again debating himself about something that was either going to be good or bad. His unease about something totally made me believe that whatever it is, will again bring an upside disaster.