2 ⇢ shall we go soon

It's okay to be a glowstick, sometimes we have to break before we shine.
– Unknown

•••

Dedicated to booksofjenzie because she's the sweetest person ever and I love her

•••

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

I reach for the handle of my makeup bag and then dump it on my bed, spilling all the contents. After rifling through brushes, lipstick, and eyeshadow palettes for a while I finally find what I'm looking for.

"Aha!" I say to Brynn, pulling out my blue eyeliner. "You've got to try this!"

"Are you sure? It might not suit me." Brynn says dismissively.

I laugh. "Brynn, when has anything not looked good on you?"

She pretends to think for a while. "Never."

We both giggle and I screw the cap off the eyeliner.

She closes her eyes, giving in, and I fill in the slightest bits above and below her lids. I hand her the mirror, and she looks at herself in many ways.

"I like it!" She says after a while, holding her hand up for a high five. We clap hands, and then I get up, reaching for my purse and phone. It's six thirty.

"Shall we go soon?"

"We shall." She mimics, doing the exact same thing as me and checking her phone– probably for texts from her boyfriend; Zack Torres.

"Oh shut up." I laugh, holding the door for her as we walk downstairs in our heels. They echo on the marble floors of our house loudly– my house isn't very lived in. Unfortunately for me, my parents are workoholics and spend far too much time at their offices in their boring old jobs. My Fathers a lawyer, and my Mother owns the biggest mall in town, so it's only proper that they do extra working hours, which sucks for my sister and I. We make do with what we've got; and her and I are very close as a result of it. I'm very used to her company, as well as my best friends Lauren and Brynn.

"Earth to Kenz." Brynn says loudly, waving her hand infront of my face as we reach the doors.

"Oh. Yes, what'd you say?" I let out, laughing.

"Who's car do you want to take to the party?"

"Yours." I say without thought. "I love your car."

"Well thanks." She says, flicking her short hair out of her eyes as we descend more steps on the way to the car, after locking my front door. Looks like my parents are doing another late night.

I open the door to her red mini and slam it behind me as I jump in. Immediately, she turns on the radio and Taylor Swifts new song blares out through the speakers. Almost instinctively, we sing along loudly as she pulls out of my driveway.

"Oh I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now... Why?"

"Because she's dead!" Brynn yells, completely off beat and out of tune.

I bust up laughing, holding my hand over my mouth. As we pass an old couple on the road, they give me a strange look; only making me want to laugh harder. With my best friends by my side, tonight will be amazing. I know it.

•••

[572 words]

Sorry this chapter is short again but the first few chapters probably will be!

Qotd: do u have an iphone or android?
Aotd: iphone :)

Oh, and before you go...

Make sure to give me a follow ;)