epilouge ⇢ dance in the rain

All of our lives are peaks and valleys. Don't let the peaks get to high, and the valleys get too low.❞

- John Wooden

•••

Dedications: onlymfz , hannieismyaesthetic , yoitscakeeees & typicalfangirl0415 ily guys xox

Johnny is now aged 26,
& Mackenzie is 25.

•••

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

Rain can be heard pouring on the roof of Johnny and I's home, leading me to believe it's going to be another lazy day at home. Stretching out a hand, I smile when it comes in contact with skin– Johnny's been taking a lot of early morning runs lately.

"Hello." I hear his husky voice murmur, and I slide closer.

"Hi."

"Is it Saturday?" He asks hopefully.

I laugh sleepily. "Yes, it's Saturday."

"Finally." He murmurs again, and I pull the covers back over us.

Simply, we hold each other for a while and talk about how our week went. This is a ritual we have now, as it happens every Saturday morning– and it's definitely helped keep our relationship intact. We share our feelings and thoughts about our work, (Johnny's stories are always interesting compared to mine because he's a paramedic) friends, and sometimes how our relationships going.

Looking at the clock, I smile when I see that we've been talking for an hour already. Time always seems to disappear very quickly when we talk like this.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" I ask him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Can we shower first please?" He questions with a grin.

"Sure, but why?"

"We're doing something special today." He grins. I ruffle his hair.

"And you somehow forgot to mention it?" I tease lovingly.

"Maybe." He laughs, a faint blush scattering his cheeks.

"What are we doing?" I ask, thinking that I'm going to know the answer to my question already.

"You'll have to wait and see." He grins again, rolling over to grab his phone. I watch him over his shoulder as he chats to Lauren and his Mother, even posing stupidly for a few selfies. After twenty more minutes of watching him aimlessly scroll through instagram, he gets a message from my Dad that he's determined to not let me see. I swear it said something along the lines of 'good luck,' but what would he be wishing him luck for?

"What did it say!" I shriek, trying to wrestle the phone out of his hands. Laughing, he grabs my legs and chucks them around his hips.