Chapter 4 - The Plan

The three of them were walking to the cafe where Namjoon works in. Taehyung is leading them. He was wearing a light brown jacket. Seokjin and Hoseok were just wearing casual clothes. The distance between Taehyung and the other two was quite, distant. They haven't talked to each other during the walk. It's because Taehyung asked them to do so without any explanation.

"Here we are." Taehyung said to the two. They stopped in front of a cafe which had big glass pane windows and a glass door. Taehyung peeked inside and he could see the others. They were waiting. He thought why he agreed to this. Why did he? He steps back then he says to Seokjin and Hoseok, "You two go first." Seokjin and Hoseok nod then they enter the cafe; Taehyung following behind them.

"Oh they're here." Namjoon said "I'll go work now. I might be late." He stood and left. The other three looked back to see Seokjin and Hoseok. "Where's Taehyung?" Yoongi asked. Seokjin and Hoseok moved to the side revealing the hooded Taehyung.

Right now, Taehyung is feeling nervous. It's been a while. A while since see has seen the others. He isn't ready. He isn't ready to see them once again.

"Taehyung-ah" Jungkook said. He stood from his seat then he hugged him. The eyes of Taehyung widened. He remembered something.

"Mom!" Taehyung shouted. His mom looked at her son and gave him a faint smile. She was weak. "Mom." Taehyung cried and hugged his mom. She hugged him back. "Don't leave!" Begged Taehyung. "Don't worry. I'm never leaving you."

Jungkook pulled away and patted the back of Taehyung. "I'm glad you came." Said Jungkook who was smiling at him. Taehyung gave him a faint smile. "Come on. Sit down." Jimin said. The four who are standing nodded and sat. Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting on the edge of the seat. Jimin an Seokjin were in between while Hoseok and Yoongi were at the end.

"So this is where Namjoon works." Seokjin said, looking around the place. "Yup. Not too bad for a cafe." Yoongi replied. "Is he working right now?" Hoseok asked. "Yes. He is over there. Working at the cashier." Jungkook pointed out. Seokjin, Hoseok, and Taehyung looked back and saw Namjoon taking the orders. "I see." Said Seokjin, nodding. "How about you Taehyung, how are you?" Jimin asked. They faced back. They were now looking at the said person. He gulped in nervousness.

"I'm fine." Taehyung faked a smile. "Let's talk about something." Jungkook suggested. "Okay. How's college?" Hoseok started. "Going well." Replied Yoongi. "Namjoon met Saejin again." He added. Seokjin and Hoseok were very surprised while Taehyung was, simply surprised. He always looks down at the table. Just listening to the conversation. "Oh!... Did he make a move on her?" Seokjin moved closer and whispered. "I wish hyung did." Jimin whispered back. The both of them giggled.

“Hey. I have a joke.” Seokjin said, then there was a sudden sigh from the others. “Here we go again.” Yoongi said, shaking his head a bit. “I’ve been getting into medical science lately so listen carefully.” He said. “What do you call the heritable units of DNA?” He asked. “What?” Yoongi questioned. “The Jins (Genes).” He laughed his infamous windshield wiper laugh. The others were so done with him. “What do you call surprised genes?” He asked again, still laughing. This time, no one replied. “Shookjins” He laughed again and this time, there were laughs that were heard from the others. “Hey Jin.” Yoongi said. “The exit is that way.” He pointed at the door which made the others laugh harder.

They kept on talking until another customer came in. Taehyung looked to see who entered and his eyes widened. It was them. Luckily his hood was up. The three approached the counter and ordered on the lane of Namjoon.

He can't let them see that he is with his friends. He can't let them see that he is with Jungkook.

He stood up and said. "I'll be right back. Come with me Jungkook." He grabbed the wrist of Jungkook making the latter boy stand up and he brought him to the restroom. "What's up with him now?" Yoongi questioned. The others shrug in reply.

Taehyung and Jungkook entered the boys restroom and went in a stall. Taehyung locked the door and then he sighed in relief. Jungkook, on the other hand, had no idea what was happening. "What's going on Taehyung?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung looked at him but he didn't say a thing. He didn't know what to say. He looked down and he could feel the tears forming. "What happened to you Taehyung? Why are you acting like this? Why are acting like this to Hoseok and Seokjin hyung? Why are you acting like this to us? What's your problem?" Jungkook questioned. He suddenly heard a single tear drop. He focused at Taehyung and he was crying. "Taehyung-ah, are you okay?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung inhaled deeply and said, "I'm scared." Jungkook was once again baffled. "Scared of what?" There was no response.

"Kookie-ya, I'm weak, I'm scared, I'm nervous... I'm lonely.." Jungkook didn't know what to say about this. He opened his mouth but Taehyung spoke before him. "I'm not Taehyung. I'm not Taehyung anymore. I do not know who I am." He cried softly. A pair of arms wrapped around him. This made him cry even more. Taehyung turned around and hugged Jungkook back.

"You are Taehyung. You are Kim Taehyung." Jungkook said. "No I'm not. I'm different from him." Objected Taehyung. "No. You are. You still have the heart of Taehyung. The Taehyung that I know." The crying of Taehyung lessened, listening carefully to every word of Jungkook. "You are not lonely, you have us. We are here for you. Don't be scared and what are you nervous about? We are always here for you. We are here for each other. Remember, our friendship is bulletproof. It can't be broken. No matter what others do to hurt us, it won't be broken." Taehyung finally stopped crying. Half of his faith has recovered.

They stayed like that for a moment until Jungkook spoke. "Oh yeah, you had to pick this stall." He said. The both of them pulled away from the hug. "Huh?" Taehyung tilted his head to the side, wondering what he meant. He sniffed the air then he immediately covered his nose with a disgusted face. "What's that?" He questioned. Jungkook covers his nose too then he points at the toilet and it was not flushed. "Whoever was in here seriously had an explosion." Jungkook said and the both of them laugh. Taehyung decides to flush it. The atmosphere cleared a bit. "That's better. Now tell me, why did you bring me here?" Asked Jungkook. "Well..." Taehyung said softly until they heard the door open. Taehyung peeked to see who it was. It was them. He looked at Jungkook and made the 'shh' sign. Jungkook nods in reply.

"Please explain it again." Seong said to Kwanyoung who was washing his hands. "Is it just to make sure you heard correctly?" Kwanyoung asks. Seong nods in reply. "So we already know that Taehyung changed right? I have a plan that will make his life worst." The eyes of Jungkook and Taehyung widened, suddenly wondering what the plan is. Taehyung knew who that was but Jungkook doesn't. He's clueless. But he has the feeling of suspicion. Sungmin decided to continue the sentence of Kwanyoung. Remembering every single word from what he said a while ago. "And that he's going to convince his friends that he became a bad person so that they will end their friendship making the life of Taehyung miserable. It will probably will affect Jungkook too but it'll be a good thing." Right now, Jungkook was so confused.

How do these people know him? More importantly, who are these people? Ruining the life of Taehyung? What did he do to them? He just wants to know the full truth. He wants to know what is going on.

"Okay. I was right. Sorry if it became a habit. You remember what happened before." Seong said. "Yes we know. Now let's get out of this bathroom. Sungmin, Seong, figure out who are the friends of Taehyung." Said Kwanyoung. "Hold on. What if Taehyung finds out and tells the others?" Asked Seong. "He will never find out. But if he did, he will never see his friends ever again. Plan B."

Taehyung looked down. Negative thoughts started flowing in his head. He suddenly thought that he should've never existed so he couldn't feel the pain. So that these things wouldn't happen. It probably hurts less if it was death he was facing.

"At least we have Plan B. Come on, Seong. Let's get out of here." Sungmin says. The three of them walk out of the restroom and as they leave, Jungkook and Taehyung comes out of the stall.

Taehyung checks if the three left and they did. They left the cafe. Taehyung sighs in relief. "Taehyung-ah..." Jungkook said in a faint voice. Taehyung turned to look at him. Looking at the expression of Jungkook, he knew that he is figuring things out. "Hyung,

Are they the bullies back when we met?"