graduation.

i always thought that this would be such an empowering moment, but i was wrong. each and every friend of mine had exciting plans for the future, they had something to look forward to.

by this time next year, many of my friends would be at ivy league universities. the other half of my friends would be at top notch art schools. on the other hand, i had no idea what i was supposed to do next.

in the evening, we ended up at nobu. my mood had skyrocketed, only because i didn't have to say goodbye to my friends yet. well, that wasn't the only reason i was happy. i really fucking love sushi, i have to admit.

i took a slow sip of my green tea, careful not to burn my tongue. "i'm gonna miss you all, so much."

everybody's attention turned to me, and their facial expressions softened. a few of my friends opened their mouths to speak, but they were interrupted by the sound of heels clicking against the marble floor.

"sorry i'm late, you guys. something came up," i turned to see my best friend, jade o'brien.

she took the empty seat to my left, and raised a brow. "why are you all looking at me like that?"

i felt bad for jade, our friend group could be especially petty most of the time. the poor girl was about to get grilled.

in a normal situation, i would have awkwardly tried to change the subject. this was different, though. i wanted to know what she was up to as well, so i kept quiet and continued to take tiny sips of my tea.

i peered over at elena, who had a smug look on her face. she was a mini olivia benson, there was nothing she loved more than finding the truth. that worked to her advantage, since she wanted to work in the svu as well.

"you were supposed to be here over an hour ago," she checked her phone, and furrowed her brows. "you didn't even tell us that you were gonna be late."

kylie, the diva of our group, cleared her throat. "we literally waited over thirty minutes before we ordered something to eat."

i put my tea down, and turned to face jade. "she's actually not exaggerating, for the first time."

kylie laughed lowly, and subtly flipped me off.

jade snapped her fingers at brit, who was trying her hardest not to get dragged into the crossfire.

poor girl.

"a little help, brittany?"

she took her glasses off, and wiped them on her pants. "i can't help you, i kinda want to know where you were, too."

jade sighed, and clumsily attempted to swipe a piece of sushi with her chopsticks. "i don't want to talk about this right now."

after some slight arguing, we dropped the conversation, and moved on.

obviously, college came up in the conversation, and i had nothing to say. i would be attending community college, even though i really felt as if college wasn't for me.

no matter how much my friends told me otherwise, i knew that i was the weak link in our group. i was supposed to be having fun, but i wasn't.

at least after tonight, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. they could finally focus on themselves and their careers.

on the other hand, i was still stuck with myself. that's what upset me the most.

a/n: i'm baaaaaack!!