suspicion.

"congratulations on your... promotion?" 

i watched as jade took a silk robe from chris, and made her way over to me. 

she raised her brows, and slipped the robe on. "i wouldn't quite call it a promotion, but thanks. i have to admit, i'm pretty proud of myself. i never thought that i would be in the 'top ten most searched' on pornhub. " 

jade had just finished a photo-shoot, since her "porn portfolio" needed to be completed. she held up her finger, and smiled. "i need to go approve of the pictures, i'll be right back."

before i could say anything, she was chatting with chris, and pointing and some of her photos.

he slid his hand from her shoulder, to her back, to her ass, and gripped it firmly. i was expecting jade to be pissed, but instead, she giggled and kissed his cheek.

i gagged. "um, hey. i'm gonna go out for some.. uh.. fresh air?" 

without waiting for an answer, i dashed out of the building. 

i wasn't about to embarrass jade in front of everybody, and that was exactly what i was about to do, if i hadn't left when i did. 

when the nausea finally subsided, i made a decision. i yanked my phone out of my back pocket, and sighed deeply. just when i was about to write jade an essay, she joined me outside.

"what's wrong, are you okay?" she felt my cheeks and my forehead, with the back of her hand.  

i swatted her hand away, and sighed. "i got nauseous."

her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets. "oh fuck, are you pregnant?" 

"jade, sweetie. i'm just going to pretend that you didn't say that," i rolled my eyes, and tucked my phone back into my pocket.

she groaned. "why are you taking things so slow with ethan? this is unbearable, i can almost feel his case of blue balls."

i kept quiet, which encouraged jade to keep talking. "oh yeah, chris wants to take us both out to dinner tonight."

"absolutely not. get your keys, let's go." i crossed my arms, and tilted my head.

jade sighed heavily. "come on, he's done so much for the both of us. this is the least we can do."

i shook my head. "jesus christ, jade. do you have a thing for chris?" 

her silence gave me the answer i needed. 

"oh my god, jade. chris literally has cum stains on his gucci suit. that's just disrespectful," i covered my mouth, to keep myself from gagging.

she blinked idly. "i actually didn't notice, that's pretty gross. um, but he's actually a really good guy."

i was slowly putting the pieces together. "please tell me you didn't fuck him."

jade went silent, once again. 

"oh god, i'm gonna throw up," i fell to my knees, and dry heaved.

she came over to pat my back, and hold my hair, but i wasn't having it. 

i hissed, "back it up, demon. the power of christ compels you."

jade refused to back away.

i was pinching the webs of my fingers, trying to find the pressure point that would soothe my nausea, when jade helped me up. 

"i think you're just having anxiety, cassie. you always do this," she dusted me off, and rubbed circles around my back. 

she was probably right, but i didn't want to admit it. "you're a liar, i've never done this before today." 

jade moved away from me, and started counting on her fingers. "oh yeah? i've been able to count six times so far, but the most memorable event..."

i massaged my temples, and groaned. "please, don't."

"remember when we went to your little cousin's birthday a few months ago? when we were at chuck e. cheese's, and chuck e snuck up on you?"

this was humiliating. 

"alright, whatever. we aren't done talking about chris though," i sighed. 

jade grinned, and twirled her keys around her finger. "we'll see."

a/n: i'm back, dolls! sorry for the long ass break, i had to take a little time for myself. now that i have everything in order, i can officially say that i'm here to stay!! thank you so much for all of the reads, and i apologize for this filler chapter. you'll be getting real chapters again, soon!