cold.

"i'm willing to make a compromise."

ethan closed the car door behind me, and attempted to fix his wind blown hair. "what are you talking about?"

"you've been really nice to me, so far. on the other hand, i've been a little rude—" i rubbed my arms in an attempt to heat myself up.

he shook his head. "don't say that, we're just getting to know each other. we aren't exactly comfortable with each other yet, but we'll get there one day."

ethan was being so sweet, but all i could think about was how stupid i was for wearing a tank top. i was basically freezing.

"you look cold, are you cold?" he stopped in his tracks, and handed me his keys.

before i could say anything, ethan had taken his sweatshirt off. ethan didn't say a word, he just handed it to me.

"i wasn't going to say anything–" i carefully slipped the sweatshirt over my head, i wasn't trying to mess up my hair and makeup. "but my nipples were two seconds away from freezing over and falling off."

he opened the mall entrance door for me, and laughed to himself. "you have to keep your nipples, cassie. they're part of your brand."

i covered my face, and made my way through the door. "why. did. you. watch. my. show."

"woah, i was being a supportive friend to you, and a supportive brother to gray," he crossed his arms, and trailed behind me.

ethan was kind of funny, i hated to admit it.

"i'm not sure if you were watching because you thought that i was going to get naked, or if you were watching just to spy on your brother and i."

his cheeks were getting rosy, possibly because it was cold, but it was very likely that he was just embarrassed. "you and grayson have a lot more in common than you and i do. i wouldn't say that i was spying, i would call it... investigating."

"all i can say is that when i'm ready to date again, i won't be going anywhere with your brother."

ethan squinted, and pulled down one of his rolled up long sleeves. "so, you're saying that you would go on a date with me, one day?"

i couldn't help but smile. "uh, no. what would give you that idea? i was talking about chris."

his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets. "jesus cassie, stop playing. you're not going anywhere with chris, romantically."

"don't be jealous, i was joking," i tugged on his sleeve, and pulled him in a certain direction. "now, we need to head to victoria's secret. you can help me pick something to wear for chris."

he tried his hardest not to laugh. "what did i just get myself into?"

a/n: hi babes i'm baaaaack!! i'll be updating this book, wild, and dead in the next few days. love uuu