trouble.

"why were you so late, jade? you never told me," i crawled back onto my bed, and turned to face her.

she took a hair tie from her wrist, and put her hair in a tight ponytail. "i didn't tell you guys for a reason."

i frowned, and wrapped my arms around myself. "you know that you can always talk to me."

jade opened up her laptop, and messed around with the mousepad. "here, read this." she tilted the screen towards me, and picked at her acrylics.

i squinted, and turned the brightness up on her macbook. she was showing me an email, it seemed to be from a producer of some sort. i didn't think much of it, until i saw the word 'porn'.

"oh, you were in the background of a porn scene? you always did want to be an actress, now you can be like the 'in front of my salad' girl." i laughed loudly, then stopped when i realized that she wasn't laughing with me.

jade took her laptop back from me, and sighed. "i am an actress now, cassie. well, an adult actress. anyways, i wasn't in the background, i actually starred in it."

my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets. how was she being so nonchalant about this? i never even knew that she was interested in doing porn.

"i mean, if you're happy, then so am i." i shrugged, and rested my head on my stack of pillows. "is it bad that i really wanna know the details, though?"

jade laughed softly, and shook her head. "you're not doing anything this friday, are you?"

i scrolled through my notifications, and bit my lip. "no, i'm not. are you shooting, or something?"

she nodded. "i have a flight booked for new jersey, are you down? it might clear your mind a little bit, you haven't been outside los angeles in the longest time."

jade was right. i had never been to jersey before, and the trip could be beneficial somehow.

"yeah, why not. i'll go with you, but i am not going to watch you get pounded. i won't be able to stop laughing."

a/n: i'm so happy to be writing again, i missed you guys 💖