don't come home.

what the fuck are you doing??

my eyes widened as i viewed the message on my screen.

i hadn't heard from my sister in a while, and this was the first thing she had to say to me? i was extremely disappointed, but not surprised.

i'm calling you right now, don't even fucking think of declining it.

she wasn't joking, almost two seconds later she made the phone call.

i didn't see a point in declining the call, even though i so desperately wanted to. i gave in, and put her on speaker.

"it's nice to finally hear from you, francesca," i picked at my french tips, and bit my lip.

she scoffed. "you really mean that, cassandra?"

i really didn't mean to say this, but it just happened. i was really angry at her, and at my parents, for not even caring enough to check on me earlier.

"hell no, you can choke."

francesca was silent for a moment. "don't be fucking mad at me, i'm trying to save your ass here."

"oh yeah? how so?" i removed the hair tie from my hair, and massaged my temples.

francesca laughed bitterly. "everybody's talking about you. my guy friends have told me what you're up to, your friends know what you're up to, and now our parents do too."

i had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. "mom and dad know?"

"of course they do, how do you think they found out?"

she told them.

a large lump lodged itself into the middle of my throat, i didn't even know what to say.

"listen, mom and dad told me to tell you that there's no need for you to come home," she sighed. "you're on your own, cas."

after that, she hung up.

i didn't immediately start crying, thankfully. i was able to keep it together well enough to make it to ethan's room without shedding a tear.

his door was halfway open, i saw him typing furiously on his laptop.

i took a deep breath, and softly brought my knuckles to the door. "ethan?"

ethan turned to face me, and kept his laptop open. "hey, cassie. come in."

he started to pat the empty spot on his bed, and waited for me to make my way over. "is something wrong?"

i brought my knees to my chest, and looked away. "are jade and grayson still here?"

"no, they're either shooting a few scenes or hanging out with some of their co-stars," he gingerly grabbed my chin, and turned my head so i was looking at him. "come on, cassie. tell me what's wrong."

i sighed. "my sister called me."

he tilted his head to the side, and raised a brow. "you never told me that you had a sister, i thought you were an only child."

"well, i'm an only child now. my sister found out about my job, and she told everybody, including my parents," i swiped at the corners of my eyes, to make sure that my tears didn't escape. "she said that my parents don't want me to come home."

ethan's face softened. "you're being serious?"

i nodded.

he didn't say anything at first, he just put his arm around me and pulled me in. "you're gonna be okay, cassie."

i involuntarily wrapped my arms around him. i usually would have kept my hands to myself, but i genuinely felt safe.

"you can stay for as long as you want, please don't worry. everything's going to be alright."

his words were enough to convince me that everything actually would be alright, but deep down, i had a very bad feeling.

a/n: thank you so much for all of your reads 💘💘