friends.

"what do you think of this?"

ethan eyed the lavender lingerie in my hand. "i don't want you to be around chris when you wear that."

i raised my brows, and handed it to him. "if it will make you feel a little better, i'll ask chris if he can just watch my shows on his computer."

he stopped clenching his jaw, i could literally see him loosening up. "that does make me feel better, actually."

i responded by nodding, and motioned for him to follow me. in my head, i was trying to figure out how many outfits i would need for the following week.

chris hadn't finalized my schedule yet, but i knew that i would be doing a lot of shows for the next few weeks.

"cassie?" ethan was in front of a baby pink lingerie display, eyeing the bra sets. "i think that this would look good on you."

usually i would have ignored his comment, but i was trying to cater to the male audience. it wouldn't hurt to get a guy's opinion.

i made my way over to him, and tilted my head.

he had good taste, i had to admit. the display was made of bombshell bras, lacy bodysuits, and silky night dresses. i liked everything that i saw, but i wasn't going to ask him to buy all of it for me.

"so?" ethan returned his attention to me, and grinned.

i gave him a small smile. "you made a good suggestion, yeah. which one do you think would look the best on me?"

he knitted his brows together. "you don't have to do that, i said that i'd get you whatever you wanted."

"ethan."

"cassandra."

i knew that the name game would go on until i finally caved in, so i decided to save us some time. besides, he already made it clear that he wanted me to get what i wanted.

"fine, thank you, but you aren't buying me anything else." i held out my pinky, and waited for him to do the same. "deal?"

he rolled his eyes playfully, and wrapped his pinky around mine. "yeah, sure."

i was pretty content, and it seemed like ethan was, too. "you're kind of fun to hang out with, you know that?"

"did you really just say that? are you feeling okay?" ethan reached out to touch my forehead, i smacked his hand away.

"don't ruin it, oh my god," i whined.

ethan ruffled my hair, and laughed. "let's go pay for these."

i did as i was told, and held back a smile.

ethan really was a sweet boy, way too sweet for me. part of me hoped that he would stop trying to pursue me, and find somebody that was as sweet as him.

the other half of me, on the other hand, was excited. that part of me wanted to try him out, and see how we would work together.

but for now, the other part of me had to be silenced.

a/n: i'm back from my break!! i'll be updating a lot more often. thank you all so so so much for the reads!!