Chapter Eight: Mixed Feelings

Ariana's P.O.V.

I stand in front of the mirror and sigh, something didn't feel right...

I put on the necklace Harry had given me, it was his grandmother's and management suggested I wear it to show off that we were all 'serious'.

I smile and twirl around watching my hair whip in the wind, I fix my mint green dress that had a black tight sweetheart strapless top that showed strips of my back in the back, I hold onto the tear drop diamond and smile.

Checking my makeup one last time I finally decide I am satisfied, it looked like the usual.

I look back at the necklace and my smile slowly fades.

Harry... Why must you be so sweet? It almost makes me feel... Bad?

I frown deeper and purse my lips, guilt settling in.

I sit on my bed and lay back looking at the ceiling, I close my eyes and think back on what happened the first day we started "dating".

*flashback*

"Harry?" I whisper, I trace a heartshape on his chest waiting for an answer.

"mhm?" he hummed, I smile slightly, "I can't sleep..." I whisper looking up at him.

he sits up groggily and smiles, "Then I'll stay up with you," he holds my hand as we both sit up.

"But what about the concert tomorrow?"

"Eh, I'll be alright." he looks at me with pure happiness in his green eyes and smiles cheekily.

My heart sinks as I smile back, This feels wrong, this isn't right.

"I know!" he chimes, he turns towards me with a huge and goofy smile, "Lay down and close your eyes ! I'll sing a song for you to go to bed !"

"A-are you sure?" I hesitate, but he nods frantically, "Absolutely ! Lay down!" he whines, I giggle lightly and lay down with closed eyes, he starts to sing softly and gently in my ear making me smile softly.

High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

"I won't..." I whisper, slowly drifting to sleep.

*End of flashback*

I open my eyes and stand up, grabbing the black stiletto's and the bow that I clip in my hair.

I put on the heels and walk down the stairs tracing my finger tips against the wall.

I hold onto the polished wood and swing on the handles facing the door where Harry was standing smiling.

"Darling!" I squeal running to him and koala hug him.

He chuckles lowly, hugging me back, he sets me down and stares at me with the biggest smile, making my stomach swoon.

I feel myself blush and look down, his ginormous hands cup my cheeks and bring my eyes to his.

He smiles and leans in, kissing me softly. I bring my hand up and run my fingers through his hair, smiling through the kiss. Pulling back he smiles as he twirls me around and leans me against the wall, his hands holding himself up and his hands on either side of me.

He kisses my jaw line down to my neck and ending on my collarbone, making me gasp.

I start to unbutton his shirt but am stopped, "What's wrong?"

He smirks, "I can't show up to my debut party with Sex hair and scratches all over my body now can I?" he winks as I bite my lip.

"Well how about after the party? or, you know, during..." I give him what he calls my "seducing eyes" and smirk.

"I don't think so, I want to wait okay? besides, I don't want to break you." we laugh and then break apart, fixing my dress I begin to smile at him.

"Shall we?"

"Yes we shall."

He takes my hand and walks me out the door, the paps instantly swarmed us, Harry held me close and got me in the car first, I smile and wave at the fans.

Harry gets in and holds my hand, the limo driver speeding off.

I start small talk with Harry, getting us loose, I feel a vibration and reach for my phone.

I didn't need to check it go know it was Justin,

"Hey babe, just wanted to double check if you were coming over tonight?"

I lock my phone and put it back in my bag, I smile at Harry who was laughing with Liam.

I smile just looking at him smile, I got butterflies just looking at him... What's wrong with me? I like Justin, I've always liked Justin... right?

But what about what happened before you left? you can't just ignore that Ari!

I was interrupted by a hand on my thigh, I look up and smile at Harry, "You okay babe?" he asks.

I smile and nod, "Of course! I'm with you aren't I?" he smiles with a chuckle and kisses me.

butterflies again?!

I need to figure out what the hell is going on with me... before its too late!