Fourteen

"Good morning, Tita." I heard Lizzie's voice in my room. It's so early in the morning and here she was paying me a visit. I pushed myself to stand and walked out of my room before Mommy called me. "Hi, buddz. Good morning." She greeted, smiling at me. I simply looked at her then proceeded to go to the kitchen

"May lakad kayo?" Mom asked as she placed a small plate of cake and a glass of juice on the table.

"Yes, Tita. Wala pa po kasi akong wedding gown." At pati kay Mommy nagpapa-cute siya.

"No ka to sweets, right?" Sabi ko at umupo sa katabing upuan. Tumingin siya sa akin tapos ay kay Mommy.

"Ay, opo. I want to maintain my figure po for my wedding day." Sagot niya. Kinuha ko agad ang cake at tinikman ito.

"Saan ba kayo pupunta?" Tanong muli ni Mommy. Lizzie looked at me again. Nagkibit balikat lang ako. Alam niya naman ang dahilan kung nags-stay si Mommy ngayon sa bahay.

"Diyan lang po sa Cubao. Don't worry, tita. Ako ang bahala kay buddz. Walang makakalapit sa kanya." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at me. Napangiti nalang din si Mommy.

"Sige. Magiingat kayo." At mabilis pa sa alas kwarto na tumayo si Lizzie at hinila ako palabas ng bahay.

"Thank you, tita. Bye po." Bumalik kami dahil nakalimutan niya humalik sa pisngi ni Mommy. Sobrang close talaga sila and my mother also treats her as her own daughter.

"Your phone, Cashanna." Mommy reminded me, handling my cell phone. She even gestured to text her. I only smiled and kissed her cheeks then bid my goodbye.

"Bumili muna tayonng Ice cream."  Sabi ko nang makasakay na kami sa kotse niya

"Stress?" She asked. Tiningnan ko siya

"Mej." Tumingin din siya sa akin pero hindi na nagsalita pa. Totoo naman. I am so stressed especially after what happened last night.
Nag stop over muna kami sa isang convenient store na nadaanan namin. I bought a solo pack of ice cream and donuts, while she didn't get anything.

"Ang daming sugars niyan. Baka hindi ka na magkasya sa gown mo." Pagbibiro niya pa nang makabalik na ako. Umirap lang ako at sinimulan ng kainin ang mga binili ko. She turned on radio so we have some background musics. Nagkwento rin siya tungkol sa kanila ni Nico. She really likes talking about her boyfriend. It is obvious that she is so in love with him. Nakinig lang ako.

Few more minutes and we finally reached the shop

"Good morning, Eliza." Welcomed by the designer and the owner of this shop. She used to be our schoolmate in College.

"Hi, Cashanna. I'm glad to see you. It's been a long time." She said after recognizing me. I just smiled at her because my mouth was still full of the ice cream I was eating.

"By the way, I have the designs na. And I'm pretty sure you'll love these." I didn't follow them. I only helped myself find a spot where I could continue satisfying my sweet tooth.

"Buddz, what do you think? This looks good. Simple yet elegant." Lizzie regarded me, showing me the gown she just liked.

"Parang mas maganda itong isa." I said, pointing to the design on the right side.

"But I love this." She insisted and so I only shut up my mouth.

They are back with their meeting about how my best friend wants her wedding dress to be. They also talked about the dresses of the people that will participate in the ceremony. I just gave suggestions when needed.

~~~

"Gosh! I'm so exhausted. Ang hirap pala magprepare for the wedding. Nakakaloka." Pagiinarte niya nang nasa sasakyan na kami. At last, after couple hours we're done.