Fifty

"Charm will love to play up here," I muttered, smiling as I roamed my eyes around this treehouse. "Mahilig siya umakyat kung saan saan. Kahit minsan nauuntog na siya, tuloy pa rin." I shared, beaming. "She is always active and energetic. Hindi ko alam kung kanino niya nakuha iyon." I heard he chuckled as well. I really miss my daughter.

"Neil always says that she gets her charm from him." He replied. Napaisip ako at mas napangiti.

"Pwede. Pareho nga sila. They can easily captivate the hearts of the people." I felt his lips curve into a smile then left a kiss on my shoulder.

"Her name suits her well. Ang galing mo pumili ng pangalan."

"Si Peter ang nag suggest ng Charmaine Anne." Sagot ko bago ko pa mapigilan ang sarili ko na banggitin ang pangalan ni Peter. He suddenly became silent. I know that he doesn't like Peter but it was him who helped me a lot during the entire time of pregnancy and after I gave birth. He's one of the few people who's always on my side. Sana maintindihan din iyon ni Paul.

"We can build a small treehouse in the backyard. Let us make a playground for the kids." He spoke, going back to the subject of our conversation while we were cuddling under the soft white blanket. I smiled and leaned on his body.

I love the fresh air. I love being in his arms and feeling the warmth of his skin.

But wait! Did he say kids? Plural?

"For the kids?" That question came a loud. He didn't say anything for a minute and I was only assessing his next reaction. Does he want to have children? With me? I flushed at the idea.

"Yes, for our children." He said, confirming the thoughts on my mind. I felt like the air stuck up in my throat. Hindi ko alam ang isasagot ko. He is really imagining our future together. "That's only if you want to, my love." He continued and tightened his hold on me. I was still speechless.

Does he mean it? Is he thinking of marrying me? Does he want a big family?

No one spoke after. He only placed another peck on my hair while his fingers were playing with mine.

Thankfully, something interrupted us. We heard the pebbles being thrown into the treehouse, followed by the voice of Neil. I turned to Paul. He looked at me then to the door.

Hindi naman siguro sila aakyat? Ito agad ang unang naisip ko.

"Come on down, love birds. Maaga pa para magsolo na kayo." Neil shouted again. Napatingin ako muli kay Paul as if wanting him to confirm that no one would dare to go up here at this moment.

"Let's go." He simply stated as he reached for our clothes. He handed me my dress, then he wore his shirt and shorts. I was doing my best to fix myself as fast as I could while he folded the blanket that we used.

"How do I look?" I asked as I faced him. He glanced at me and smiled.

"Beautiful." I narrowed my eyes.

"Seryoso kasi." He just smiled more and finished putting back the fabric to its place before he gave me his full attention.

"You always look stunning, love." He breathed while his thumb was moving up and down on my cheek. I pouted. He chuckled, hugged me, and whispered "I love you" like a child. The smile found its way on my face again and I embraced him back. "Let's go down?" I moved my head a little and nodded. He smiled and kissed me. He descended first and I followed. We saw Neil waiting for us. Grabbing my hand, Paul pulled me to his side.

"Nasaan si Ynah?" Ako na ang unang nagsalita. Baka kung ano na naman kasi ang itanong niya.

"She's with Cassey. May ginagawa sila sa kitchen." Sagot ni Neil. Napatango naman ako.