Break Out

Throwing open the door to her sister's car, Adelaide grabbed her skateboard from the back seat and jumped out.

"Hey, forgetting something?" Sasha called, also getting out and opening the back door. She pulled out her sister's backpack and tossed it across the roof to her.

"Thanks!" Adelaide called, sliding it onto her shoulders and picking up her skateboard.

"I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Where are you going again?"

Sasha winked and tapped the side of her nose. Since they were kids, Adelaide, Sasha, Jessie, and Caleb had always done this when withholding a secret. But when it was a secret from each other, it always frustrated the other.

Adelaide pouted. "Fine, keep your secrets!" she called. "I'll find out eventually."

Sasha chuckled and shook her head. "Love you, rugrat!" she said.

Adelaide giggled and blew her a kiss. "Love you too," she said.

Walking backward, Adelaide wasn't aware that the doors behind her had opened, and even with Sasha's yell of "Ade, watch out!" she turned and walked straight into another person.

Adelaide yelped in surprise, teetering backward and falling. Before she could hit the ground, however, a pair of hands grabbed her shoulders and gently set her back on her feet. Looking up, Adelaide blew her hair from her face and smiled into the young face of her saviour. "Hi," she said, brightly.

The stern look on the man's face broke slightly and the corners of his lips curved into an almost smile. It was quick and brief. As soon as it appeared, it was gone, and the stern look returned. Another hand grabbed Adelaide's arm and roughly pulled her away.

"Hey, you let her go!" Sasha shouted, storming over.

"I'm just doing my job," the man said. He wore a suit and blacked out sunglasses. "She could be a threat to the Prince."

Sasha rolled her eyes. "I don't care what you're doing or who you are," she said. "Release my sister now."

The man let go of Adelaide, she rubbed her arm as a red mark started to appear from being gripped so tightly.

Sasha looked passed the bodyguard at the person Adelaide had bumped in to. He didn't look anything special in her eyes. "I apologise for my sister knocking into you, it wasn't intentional," she said. "But there's no need to handle it so volatile."

The man, obviously the Prince, scoffed and rolled his eyes. He didn't even respond as he walked back to his limo and climbed in, but not without a backward glance at the two sisters. The elder was checking the youngers arm, massaging it slowly to ease the red bruise that would surely appear. He grunted and slipped into the cool dark space of his car as the doors shut on either side of him.

Then they were moving.

Adelaide frowned at the cars and looked back at her sister. "He was a meanie," she said, looking down at her arm.

"Yes, he was," Sasha agreed. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah," Adelaide nodded. "I'm sorry. I should've been watching where I was going."

"It's not your fault," Sasha said, shaking her head. "I was distracting you."

Adelaide smiled and hugged her sister. "I forgive you," she said.

Sasha laughed as the Rangers, and Kendall joined them outside. They looked distraught, confused, and slightly angry. "What's up?" she asked, taking in each face and emotion.