Wishing for a Hero

Adelaide tapped her fingers against the picnic table. "Isn't this kind of like what Philip tried to do?" she asked Sasha. "I mean, if he failed in trying to buy the energems worth, what makes us think this will do any good?"

"An unbonded Energem is dangerous, Ade," Sasha said, drinking her coffee. "We have to at least try."

"But we know it's not going to work," Adelaide protested. "Fury and Sledge don't know where our base is, can't we just keep the Energem there for safe keeping?"

"What about at night, after we've all gone home?"

"Koda's still there," Adelaide pointed out, "and like I said. No one knows where our base is."

Sasha sipped her coffee in silence. She could see where her sister was coming from, but there was still the matter than an unbonded energem was dangerous. If Sledge or Fury were to get their hands on it then there would be hell to pay.

"That's enough for today," Kendall said, walking over to the two sisters. She sighed and adjusted her glasses.

"Hey, don't worry, Ms Morgan," said Riley, placing his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure we'll find a new Purple Ranger."

"I hope," said Kendall.

Adelaide huffed. "I miss Albert," she said, folding her arms.

"Come on, let's head back to base," Sasha suggested. "We can grab lunch on the way, and think of a new plan."

The others nodded and followed her and Kendall back towards the Museum, cutting through the park to make the journey shorter.

"So, what we do now, Kendall?" Koda asked.

"We keep trying," Kendall said. "I don't know how or when, but we will find a worthy Ranger."

"What about you, Sasha?" Chase suggested.

Sasha shook her head. "For one reason, and it's a stupid reason, but the Plesio is a flying Zord," she said. "The idea of flying, even in a Zord, makes me want to throw up."

Adelaide squeezed her sister's arm as they walked, resting her head against it. "You'd make an awesome ranger!" she said. "Maybe you could be one of the others? Like Crimson or Silver?"

"Yeah, maybe," Sasha said. She thought of the two dinosaurs the crimson and silver Energems were bonded too and felt safer. Neither of them was flying dinosaurs or had the ability to fly like the Plesio did.

"Discover secrets, find romance with my wish cards," a voice shouted from the end of the road. It was a local vendor. She looked up at the team as they approached, stopping beside her stall. "What do you desire? Money? Love? Find that special someone with my wish cards."

"Wishing cards? No thanks," Riley laughed. "We're not superstitious. Come on, guys."

"I am super squishiness," Koda said, pushing through Riley and taking a card. He wrote down his wish and put it in the box.

"And I could use all the help I can get," Chase agreed. He handed Adelaide his skateboard and took another card, writing down his own wish.

"Does such sorcery actually work?" Ivan asked, interested.

"Frankly, no," Sasha said, shaking her head. "It's the same as wishing on a star, throwing a coin into a wishing well or fountain, or even breaking the wishbone of a cooked turkey. Either way, the chances of it happening are next to none."

"Sasha's right. Come on, guys," Riley insisted. "Wishes don't magically come true."

"If they did, I would've seen my brothers way before now," Adelaide agreed.