Nineteen: Quel's lap

AMARYLLIS' POV:

My body was moved as Quel sat down. Then the unexpected happened.

He placed me on his lap.

...

...

...

HUH?!

Wait... It was actually pretty comfortable. Firm yet soft, like a nice cushion is! Maybe this isn't so bad...

Looking up, I noticed a smirk still on Quel's face. He stared back down at me, seemingly pleased. Isn't he supposed to be angry with me, Scorpio did hurt the heroine's feelings after all... But he didn't look angry. I then turned to Quin who also seemed to be content.

What a surprise, don't they love the heroine? She does have magic blood after all... 

I felt Quel running his nose up and down my neck. I even heard him sniffing it a couple of times. Then, a tongue started lapping at this one spot. Wait... Isn't this what vampires do before they bite their victim? Crap! I'm about to get bitten... Somebody help!

I urgently looked around, pleading with anyone and everyone to save me. But everyone else ignored us. I almost started to cry.

That's when I felt it, two sharp fangs pushed into my delicate skin. I would have screamed loud enough that even Earth would have heard it had Quin not covered my mouth with his huge palm. I looked pleadingly at him and he shook his head.

Quel continued to drink my blood and I felt a tear escape my eye. Quin moved forward, licking up the salty drop. Are they really vampires? They act like Etti and the wolf-people.

The pain soon turned to pleasure. I had never thought that getting your blood drank felt so nice... But I still didn't like it.

Finally, those sharp fangs retracted from my neck. I felt the stinging wound get licked and it soon closed. Quin removed his palm and I spun around to look at Quel, a harsh glare on my face.

What irked me the most wasn't the fact that he had drunk my blood without my permission but that he was now smirking. I swear, if you weren't a harem member, I would have murdered you by now!

~~*~~

QUEL'S POV:

How cute. This little thing was glaring at me like it was my fault I drank her blood.

It's actually her fault for smelling so delicious. Sure that Crystal girl's blood was nice, but it had nothing compared to the little woman's. Unlike that green-haired girl, Amaryllis' was filled with much more mana and life energy. It was the best I'd ever seen and I bet even Father had never tasted such a delicacy.

Not that I would let him have her.

I licked the last little drop of blood on my lips and stared at her. This little thing's angry face was probably the cutest I've seen—that and our little sister's.

I heard Quin's voice echo inside my head. Twin telepathy I guess.

'How was it? She smells delicious but you drank too much, how am I meant to get a go?' I knew he was glaring over our link but it wasn't my fault she tasted so good.

'Delicious. Way better than any other blood we've had. Better than any blood Father could have had too.' My twin seemed shocked by this because after all, Father had tasted many delicacies throughout his very very long lifespan. King's are the ones who get the best after all.

I pulled the tiny woman closer, nuzzling my nose into her hair. Now that I thought about it, she had a nice scent. Not just her blood, but her body in general. The only problem was I could smell a mutt on her.

Running my nose down the back of her neck, I found the main source of the problem. A white collar was tied around her neck... What?!

Our sweet little delicacy belonged to one of those filthy wolf packs?! This is not acceptable!

I immediately alerted Quin of the situation and he frowned unhappily.

'Let me take a sniff, I'll find out which one she belongs to.' He had some weird way of distinguishing which pack a wolf belonged to and who the members were. It was gotten from Mother who was a witch-vampire. She had always loved wolf-people so she conjured up some potions to find out these.

That's why Quin could know, he got that side of her potions.

His face held shock after he took a whiff of that dirty dog scent.

I also saw his face pale slightly. Huh? Quin had never been scared of any wolves... Only one could actually kill us properly.

'It's Etti. She's part of his pack! CRAP QUEL! We picked the wrong girl...' WHAT?! She was part of Etti's pack... I felt like crying. Etti was the most powerful wolf-person out there... He was feared throughout the lands for his very protective nature and huge height. I knew that in a fight, even Father could not win against him.

That's why we avoided war against the Emperor. He was Etti's best friend—the only person that scary giant had ever acknowledged—as well as one of the Generals of his army. But now this sweet little thing had also been acknowledged. If Father found out, he'd kill us with his own hands.

We—and the rest of the vampire kingdom—were doomed if he found out about this.

I took another sniff of her hair, trying to calm myself. But then I smelt something sweet and filled with magic. 

You can't be serious...

That's a fairy's scent!

Has she been marked by a fairy?

No... They only mark the humans that they will spend eternity with, and there are no male fairies.

That left one option left...

This little girl was a fairy?!?!

~~*~~

IS SHE REALLY A FAIRY? THAT IS THE GOLDEN QUESTION.

The chapter was shorter than usual but something major has happened and I wanted to end on a cliffhanger so :)

How do y'all like Quin and Quel? They have unusual noses, Quin can sense werewolves and Quel senses what race someone is. 

Till next time my people, peace out.