Chapter 5

Dean's POV

When we left the bar, she wasn't even drunk. Neither of us were. Even though we had enough liquor to make everyone in that bar drunk. Liquor brings out the best and worst out of people.

----------------Flashback----------------

"There's been another one. Some guy just hung himself in his room." I said as I opened the door to our hotel room and saw Sam.

"Yeah. I saw." Sam said almost... Darkly?

"We've gotta figure this out, and fast. What'd you find out about Granny?"

"You're bossy." Sam said suddenly.

"What?" I was clearly surprised. How am I the boss? What did I do that was bossy? Is he drunk?

"You're bossy. And short." He laughed sloppily.

"Are you drunk?"

"Yeah," He laughed again,"So? Stupid."

I looked around and saw several empty bottles laying around.

"Dude, what are you thinking? We're working a case."

"That guy who hung himself. I couldn't save him."

--------------------------------------------

That was a while ago. Before we met Mia, even.

When we got back to the hotel, I drove, and fell asleep. Sam was sleeping also. I picked him up as Mia and I left the bar.

We got back into our mustard-yellow hotel room.

"What'd you learn?" I asked Sammy.

"There's an old farmhouse out on the main road. People that live there are real party animals. As in, they only come out at night."

"Who told you that?" Mia asked him.

"One of the women that I met there." He shrugged.

"Did you get their number?" I grinned.

"Dean, get your head out of the gutters. What did you find?"

"The alcohol tastes really good." Mia admitted.

"Dude, really. All you did was drink? You didn't talk to anyone?"

"Yeah, there was the bartender. He told me the same thing."

"Head out there in the morning." Sam said, ever so bossy.

I stuck my tongue out like a 4 year old. Mia laughed quietly as Sam went to the bathroom to change.

I pulled off my shirt and tossed it onto my bag. Mia walked over to me and put her hand on my arm. I turned around to face her.

She pulls me in a tight hug. I almost jerk back in surprise. When she pulls away, I asked her if she was ok.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It just feels like I don't have anymore time." She shrugged.

"Mia, you still have 5 1/2 months left. Not 3 days. Keep your head up."

She moved to the bed and sat down. Sam got out of the bathroom and I grabbed my bottoms and changed.

I tossed my jeans into my bag and get into bed. Mia was currently changing. She gets out and puts her clothes into her bag. She gets into my bed with me as Sam starts to snore. I wrap an arm around her and she snuggles closer to me. The last thing I saw before I drifted to sleep was a small smile. Her small smile.