Chapter 24

Dean's Pov

I was pacing back and forth over in Bobby's living room, Sam sitting on the couch. Bobby had left some time ago, to get some supplies in town. Sam got up and put himself in front of me, stopping my pacing."Dude, that's suicidal. We won't come back if we do it your way. Just... we've got the spell, and possibly Cas. We both have Angel blades, and the demon blade if we want it, just don't go in guns blazing."

I looked Sam dead in the eye, staring at him with a miserable glint in my eyes. "Fine. But Sammy..." I stopped, my voice wavering and was threatening to crack. I took a deep breathe and continued,"I can't loose you too, and there's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for you, but..." I tried to continue, but my voice cracked and a single tear fell. I quickly wipe it away and turned. My face and voice hardened,"We're running out of time. The deadline M- Amelia gave us is up in about twenty three hours. Ilchester alone is about eighteen hours. We better go now."

~

I was about five hours outside of Ilchester without any sort of plan except the spell. I was listening to Me and the Devil by Gil Scott Heron, playing softly, the words still recognizable.

"Early this morning when you knocked
upon my door. Early this morning when you knocked upon my door. And I say: 'Hello Satan, I believe its time to go.' Me and the Devil, walking side by side. Me and the Devil, walking side by side. And I'm gonna see my woman, 'til I get satisfied. See, see, you don't see why. Like you're a dog me 'round, now babe you know I ain't do it like that. Say I don't see why people dawging me around. It must be that old old evil spirit, that spirit drop me down in your ground. You may bury my body down by the highway side. I don't really care where you bury me when I'm gone. You may bury my body down by the highway side, so my old evil spirit can greyhound bus that ride."

I was drumming my fingers upon the wheel to the beat. I checked the clock, which read 2:26 Am. I sighed, my eyes turning back to the road. A hand was rested on my shoulder and I stopped in a hurry, my Angel Blade out. Issac sat in the back, hands up in surrender. I sighed, relaxing somewhat, Sam still asleep. Turning back to the road, I continued driving, looking at the demon in my backseat with the rear view mirror. "What?"

Issac looked at his hands as he spoke.  "You have just under nine hours left to reach your deadline. Is your plan ready? Do you have everything?" He asked quickly, panic in his voice.

"Yes to both. Why? Whats wrong?"

Sam started moving, shaking his head and twitching. He mumbled under his breath. Issac looked at Sam with a quiver."Get the plan perfected. I must go." With that, he disappeared again, the smell of sulfer lingered.

Sam woke up with a start, sputtering. "She changed it. Amelia changed the deadline. She- she said that she knew that we had help and changed it to only four hours. We only have four hours left." Sam said with a panicked look on etched on his face. I pushed harder on the throttle, the car shooting forwards. We'll get there on time to right our wrong; to stop my girlfriend.