Chapter Nine--Sean--I Have A Meltdown

Sean had never liked a lot of people staring at him.

But that's what they did. Just creepily stared until Percy had cleared his throat. "All right people, nothing to see here." He shooed them away with a few waves of his hand until almost all of them were gone, then returned to Sean's side. "So, what's your name kid?"

"What's my name?" Sean's anger flared. "What's my NAME? YOU ****ING KIDNAPPED ME, SHOVED ME ONTO A ****ING FLYING HORSE AND TOOK ME TO THIS WEIRD PLACE WHERE PEOPLE STARED AT ME FOR TEN MINUTES WITHOUT SPEAKING, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MY ****ING NAME?"

He felt a pair of hands on his shoulder. "Calm down," a girl's voice said. Sean immediately relaxed. This person was right. Sean should stop yelling.

"Tell us your name."

"My name is Sean," he mumbled, still relaxed.

The hands were taken off his shoulders. He tensed up a bit and turned to look at the girl. She had choppy brown hair that was braided over her shoulder. Sean tried to focus on the color of her eyes but found that he couldn't. They seemed to flash all the colors of the rainbow in the sun. Her skin was tanned and slightly brown. She was possibly the prettiest girl Sean had ever seen. "Umm..."

She smiled a bit, as if she were used to it.

A blond guy with a scar on his lip came up behind her.

"Hi Sean, I'm Jason." He held out his hand for him to shake, and Sean obliged. A spark ran up his arm.

"I'm Piper," The girl said.

Jason took Piper's hand.

"I'm Percy," Percy said. "And this is Annabeth."

Sean nodded at them somewhat warily. "Where are we?"

"Long island," Percy said, completely poker faced. Sean laughed a bit. "Seriously though."

"We're actually in Long island," Annabeth added. He stared at her. "Wait seriously? How did—never mind. I suppose enough weird stuff has happened today."

"What's your full name by the way? We need to put you in the log books."

"My full name is Sean McLoughlin."

Jason covered his mouth. His eyes crinkled.

Sean frowned at him. "What?"

He giggled. "Did you say... Sean McLoughlin?" He imitated Sean's accent.

"Hey!" He glared at Jason.

Piper swatted his arms. "Don't make fun of him Jase."

Annabeth tugged at the sleeve of his sweatshirt. "c'mon Sean, I'll show you the camp."

He followed her, shooting a dirty look at Jason, who looked guilty.

"These are the cabins," Annabeth gestured to an array of cabins, all of which look different, some of which look under construction.

"You get sorted into cabins depending on your godly parent--" "Hold on a fricking minute," He said, stopping abruptly. "Godly parent?"

"Oh yeah," Annabeth said, looking a bit sheepish. "I forgot to tell you about that. Let's go sit down."

She led me over to a nearby bench, sitting down next to me.

"Listen. Do you know the stories of the Greek and Roman gods?"

"Like, Zues? And Apollo?"

"Yeah. Well, the thing is... they're kind of real."

His eyes widened. "What?"

"Yeah. Zues, Hades, Athena, Ares, the works. They exist. And every now and then they come down to earth and have children with mortals. Those children are called demigods, or half-bloods."

"Wait, so what you're saying is..."

"Yeah. You're a demigod."

He took a few minutes to process this.

"A demigod."

"Yup."

"Me."

"Yup."

"....Which one?"

Annabeth shifted in her seat and sighed. "That's the thing Sean. We don't know. It'll most likely become obvious within the next couple of weeks. Maybe even today."

Sean stared off at the cabins. "Are you a demigod?"

Annabeth nodded. "Daughter of Athena. Goddess of wisdom."

Sean frowned. "I don't think either of my parents were gods."

Annabeth shrugged. "One of your parents probably had a fling with a god or goddess. It's no big deal."

Sean decided not to think on that.

They sat in silence for a moment before Sean spoke up again. "Which god do you think is my parent?"

Annabeth seemed to think for a minute. "I don't know," she said finally. "We'll just have to wait and find out."