Chapter Twenty Five--Sean--The Dramatic Figure

Dan had told us to pack, and we had split up to do so.

I was in the Hermes cabin, packing as quietly as I could so as not to wake anyone. It was about ten.

I shoved my last thing in my backpack, and as quietly and carefully as I could, walked out the door.

I met up with Dan and Mark at the edge of the woods.

"Hey," Mark whispered. "I got a few of the magic plates from the dining pavilion. I hope they work outside camp."

"Let's go," Dan said. His voice had been quiet and calm for a while, which worried me. Dan's voice was rarely calm.

We started off into the woods. It was foggy and chilly. My breath formed white clouds in the air. Noises that could have been squirrels or monsters echoed around us.

Suddenly, a figure appeared in the fog.

It was cloaked, so I couldn't see who it was, but they were barefoot, and a bit of red hair peeked out from beneath her cloak.

"Hello." she said. She was definitely a she.

"Hi," Mark squeaked.

"You are looking for Phil." Was that a question or a statement? I couldn't tell.

"Yes we are," Dan said, stepping forward. "Are you going to stop us?"

She didn't answer. We all stood in silence for a moment before something happened.

Green mist began to seep from her hood. If I had to guess, it was coming from her mouth.

Then she spoke in a raspy, snake like voice very unlike the one she had before.

"A demigod with potential great,

has power enough to decimate

Finding them must be your goal

before the enemy takes control."

And on that last word, she disappeared into the fog.

"Well that was dramatic," Mark whispered.

"A prophecy," Dan said, his voice barely audible. Then he continued to walk, as if nothing had happened.

"A prophecy?" I asked, catching up to him. "What about?"

Dan shrugged, or at least I think he did. It was dark.

"A demigod with potential great," Mark said thoughtfully. "So a powerful demigod. Has power enough to decimate. Decimate means destroy. So a powerful demigod could destroy the world."

"And the last two lines," Dan cut in. "We have to find the powerful demigod before the enemy does."

"Basically," I murmured. "And nobody else knows the prophecy. So it's up to us to save the world."

Dan nodded.

Lovely.

|A/N: Sorry if the chapters seem to be getting shorter. I have writers block XD|