XVIII

The girl felt like her head was a gigantic rock on her body. She swung her head around tiredly as her eyes slowly fluttered open. Hermione looked around groggily, but had to do a double take when she failed to recognize where on Earth she was.

The room she was in was dark and cold and if there was anyone else there, she couldn't see them. A single, open window to her far left allowed some light to shine through, but it looked like sunrise. Hermione was about to get up but felt herself become restrained back from something holding her. She looked to her sides and found thick cuffs chained to her wrists and ankles. She was literally chained against the wall.

The panic began to settle in when no type of spell managed to break her loose. Hermione felt like she forgot how to breathe when she remembered what happened prior to her waking up here. Dumbledore falling and a figure in the distance, and finally, Hermione being met with darkness.

Hermione began to pull at the chains aggressively, which did nothing because of how tightly bound she was. She began to yell at the window manically, hoping to draw some attention from anyone outside. But when she was met with the birds chirping, she gritted her teeth in anger. She continued to pull and yank at the bounds at her wrist, but stopped when the door across from her opened.

She froze and watched a shadowy figure enter the room. It didn't take long for her to recognize the figure as the very last person she wanted to see. Hermione's head spun as he walked in front of the window, eyeing her intently.

The dim sunlight against his face seemed to accentuate Tom's attractive features. His cheekbones were prominent as usual and his slightly curly hair shone under the light. But the thing that caught Hermione's attention were the deep set of bags under his eyes, and the dark circles that took the spotlight from his onyx eyes. Hermione could tell he lacked sleep, but why?

"Keep pulling. I doubt you'll break it though." He taunted as he inspected the chains.

"Why am I here?" She boldly asked, even though she knew exactly why she was here. His eyes flickered at her.

"I have questions that need answers." He stated as he swiped a tongue over his bottom lip.

Hermione faked some confidence and gave a scoff. "Good-luck with that."

He responded with a mocking sneer.

"I think it'll be you who will need luck on their side, Granger." She narrowed her eyes at him, forcing herself to keep eye-contact.

"And why's that?" She retorted curtly. He smirked.

"I have a couple methods in mind." Hermione didn't want to feel threatened, but considering the fact that he knew she was from the future, threatened was all she felt. It did, however, give her some consolation knowing that Tom had no idea that she was a Muggle-born. Merlin knew what he'd do if he did.

"At least take these off." She looked at the cuffs and back up at him. He let out a scoff before speaking venomously.

"Be grateful you're not dead yet." Hermione shut her eyes. Maybe she was having a horrible nightmare and she hadn't woken up yet.

"Now answer me." Hermione snapped her eyes open and held her chin high.

"No." She replied bluntly. He didn't seem phased, and only gave her a devilish smirk in return.

"Very well. Can't say I didn't warn you." He leaned forward and pressed her left forearm against the wall. Hermione tried to pull herself from his grip but he was far too strong.

He pulled his wand out and pressed the tip at her arm, making Hermione remember the time Bellatrix caught her at Malfoy Manor.

He slowly moved his wand, which made Hermione shriek in pain. Her skin stung with each slight movement he made. She felt like the wand was deep in her flesh, moving inside of her arm.