XVI

Hermione stepped in beside Professor Dumbledore and looked around the Hall in both shock and awe. The entire Hall was vacant, with all the tables and chairs gone. The only things there were the crystal chandeliers swaying side to side while hanging down. She'd never seen it without the usual chatter from students.

She watched Dumbledore walk over to the group of men and women, whisper something and then turn and face her. She was about to ask what was happening when she felt something hit her chest and she was met with darkness.

She watched different memories flash before her. Some belonged to her but some also didn't.

"I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me." A child with dark black hair and a very familiar complexion said to an older man with auburn hair and strange clothes.

'Dumbledore and Tom!' She finally realized as she watched from the corner of the room. 

She tried to yell and scream to get their attention, but it was of no use. They didn't seem to notice her. 

She listened as the boy continued talking, but the room door opening caught her attention.

"Tom?!" She gasped when she saw the older Tom walk in the room. He smirked. 

"Wha-whats happening?" She tried to sound confident but she had no clue what was going on.
He grabbed her arm and briefly glanced at his past before looking back at her. 

The scene around them suddenly began to spin rapidly. It kept spinning so quick that it created a blinding white light. They spun and spun until the finally stopped. Hermione didn't notice she'd closed her eyes, and opened it to find that she didn't quite recognize where she was. She turned around and sighed in relief when she saw that she was in the Great Hall - the vacant Great Hall. There was nothing there except a group of people chanting things around a bright light.

Tom still had a grip on her arm, which Hermione realized when he dragged her towards the group. She stifled a gasp at what she saw.

There she saw herself, squirming and writhing in pain while screaming manically. The people around her were either yelling chants with their wands aimed at her. Dumbledore stood across from her on the chair and watched nervously.

After a long minute of screeching from Hermione, the entire Hall went completely silent. Hermione watched her arms raise on their own. Her eyes began to roll upwards, revealing the whites of her eyes. 

From the corner of her eye, she saw Tom point at something and she watched everything around her get moved by a large wind. The chandeliers swished back and forth violently until they fell and crashed against the ground.

The men and women, including Dumbledore, raised their wands and created a shield for themselves from the shards of glass flying. Hermione watched the electric chair shake and move while the Hermione sitting in the chair laughed evilly. The girl didn't realize Tom had removed his grip on her and it was now her holding onto his arm in fear.

Tom was watching a chandelier sway right above Hermione's chair. It kept moving side to side uncontrollably until it finally unhooked itself and fell.

It all happened slowly. 

The chandelier fell and crashed atop of Hermione. The wind stopped and the chair was thrown back. The Hall was filled with complete silence, and for a minute, Hermione was convinced she died. 

And then there was movement from under the chandelier.