XII

***************
Abaraxas took a step back as he watched light burst from each of their wands and zoom towards one another.

The two lights came to an abrupt stop as they collided with each other, green mixing into red.
Hermione suddenly felt a drastic weight change in her wands and had to grab on with two hands. Hermione couldn't help but flashback to when Tom and Harry's wands had collided the same way, but one of them ended up dead.

Her thoughts were shaken off when she realized she was being pushed back because of Tom's control. She gritted her teeth and took a step forward, making Tom take a step backwards.

Both being as stubborn as they were, they weren't going to allow the opposing side earn the win so neither of them were willing to let go.

Tom felt a rush of anger at how skilled she was at duelling. He was starting to gain control and dominance when he heard a voice.
"Marvellous! Right, Albus?" Headmaster Dippets voice rang loudly even through their battle.

Making a huge, dumb mistake, Hermione turned her head to look at the visitors and made her wand turn slowly as well.

"Expelliarmus!" Tom yelled and Hermione's wand landed in his hand. He smirked at her, while she glared at him. It wasn't surprising he won, though.

"Indeed, Headmaster. That was quite the duel." Dumbledore said with a bright twinkle in his eyes.

"Headmaster?" Hermione asked quietly, unsure of why he was here.

Headmaster Dippet himself looked confused.

"Well, we-for- Albus, what were we here for? My memory is getting drowsier by the minute." He asked Dumbledore who gave a mere laugh and turned to Hermione, Tom and Abaraxas.

"We came here to inform Mr.Riddle that he is going to be the new Headboy." He said and Dippet nodded.

"Yes! Thats what it was. Blimey. I'm getting too old."

"That's great, Headmaster Dippet. Thank you." Tom said, pretending to be a good student. The girl almost rolled her eyes at how good he was at acting. Hermione expected to be yelled at for using magic but was surprised when the Headmaster turned and walked off. Dumbledore, however, gave her a slight nod before leaving as well.

She glared at Tom before turning around to go into the common room. However, she stopped in her tracks when she realized her wand wasn't in her hand.

She looked around before looking up to find Tom holding it.

"Looking for this, Granger?" He asked with the Tom Riddle smirk. Hermione's wand was swirling around in his fingers.

"Wha..." She said in disbelief. How the hell did he do that?

"Give it back." She attempted to grab it, but he lifted it over her head. Hermione had only just realized how close he was to her.

"No. Tell me who you are and where you actually came from. Nobody just knows how to do fight like that." Hermione looked around and hoped Abraxas wouldn't be there, and thankfully he wasn't.

She turned back and stared up at Tom. She suddenly felt like there was someone in her brain. She quickly blocked her brain from entrance when she realized Tom was performing legilimency on her.

She flinched when he let out an angry huff.

"And nobody just knows occlumency. Who are you?" He leaned down.

"Enough about that. I told you I'm from Beauxbatons! Now, give it back." She held her hand out in front of her.

"I think I'll keep it until you decide you want to be honest." He pocketed her wand before turning to the door.

"You can't do that!" She yelled, frustrated, at his back. It only made her even more mad when he didn't react.

He muttered the room password and held the door open for her to go in. Hermione crossed her arms.

"I'm not going in." He didn't react and went in himself.

Hermione stomped her foot like a child as she watched the door close. How was she going to get her wand back?