×Chapter 13×

JASON POV

I waltzed down my street, my black leather jacket slung over my shoulders. I was on my way to Chifton Mart. As soon as I got the anonymous call I threw on some clothes and headed out the door. My mother called after me but I didn't say anything back. She would probably stop me and I didn't need that.

As I got closer to Chifton Mart, I could see the place was deserted. The neon open sign was flashing in the window. This store is obviously not that popular, I thought.

I slowly walked around the side of the building and as I turned the corner, hands grabbed my shoulder. I yelped and tried to turn but the rough hands pulled mine behind my back. Another pair of hands pulled a black piece of cloth around my mouth tightly. I struggled to get out of their grasp but they wouldn't let go.

"Make any noise and I'll shoot your head off!" A voice whispered loudly in my left ear. I recognized the voice from when I got the call a half hour earlier.

I kept struggling and they pushed me on the dirty white brick wall of the building. When I finally saw who grabbed me, there was three guys. They all had on black masks and black pants and oversized black hoodies.

The bigger guy of the three kept his hands on each of my shoulders and glared into my eyes. "You're lucky you're still alive." He growled at me.

I just stared at him because I couldn't speak due to the disgusting cloth against my chapped lips.

"You might as well take that thing off his face." One of the other guys said to the guy in front of me.

The guy snorted and ripped the cloth off my face. As soon as I could speak I screamed at him " Why did you do that!? I don't know who you are and what you want from me! Get the-"

The big guy kneed me in the nuts. I groaned and doubled over. "Shut the heck up!" He yelled at me.

"Why am I here? " I struggled to whisper.

"You're here because you're father cannot make it." One of the other guys said loudly.

I whipped my head toward him. "What did you just say?"

"Your father is dead so you're his replacement." He said calmly.

Thanks Dad, I'm screwed. I thought.

All I knew was, I had to make it out alive, for Natalia.