Chapter Three

- Captured -

Authors note- (picture above: Alrik)

I stood there stunned for a couple of seconds before snapping out of the shock paralysis my body had went into. 

'Right. Ok. Very funny you two.' I tried to laugh it off and show them that I wasn't catching on but it failed miserably, ending up more like a whimper. 

They were not buying it one bit. Still focused solely on me. I know I have no way of sneaking past them. They aren't going to let me go if what they said is true. 

'If you don't struggle. We won't be so hard on you. But if you don't cooperate then we're going to have to take matters into our own hands. Aren't we Alrik?' He nodded in response to his brother and I felt a cold shiver travel slowly down my spine as if someone has dripped freezing cold water down it. 

'Please, don't.' I stare into Declan's eyes and beg him as he seems to be the 'nicest' out of the two. If you could even use that word to describe him. 

'I'm sorry but if you were in our shoes, you would understand. So just... don't scream too loud.' Declan gave me a slight apologetic look before Alrik grabbed me from behind. His strong arms anchoring me to the ground. 

Binding my hands to my body as I tried to scream, even though I knew it was far from worth it considering how deserted a place we are in. 

While Declan brought a piece of cloth up to my face, covering my nose and mouth, muting my screams. Which faded to almost inaudible whimpers, which then died out completely. 

The last thing I remember is Declan's eyes sparkling in the moonlight as they stared intensely into mine. 

Then....

Nothing. 

Some time later -------------------

Declan's POV:

I caught Mina as she fell unconscious. Strange how peaceful she looks now as apposed to how terrified she looked only moments ago.I could sense her soul a mile away. Rich. Pure. 

It was like a spotlight in a dark room. Directing me immediately toward her. Good job I didn't need to travel so far this time to find the perfect carrier. 

Alrik could see the light too, that gave her away. The grin on his face when he spotted it was magnificent, the happiest I have seen him in a long time. Still smiling as of yet, obviously pleased with our 'catch.' 

'Sucks we couldn't just take her soul here, right now. We have those stupid 'sharing is caring' rules. What bullshit.' Alrik mocked our leaders rules to share our finds with the rest of the group. 

'Pity you follow the rules Declan because if it was just me, she'd be dead long ago.' My brother stated looking excited by the thought of it. 

'The thing is, if you don't follow Emery's rules, he will punish you for it. And you of all people should know how severe his punishments are since you're never out of trouble.' I smirk as I see the annoyed look on my little brothers' face. 

'Hey I haven't been in trouble for over a week.' He puffed proudly. 

'Oh, good for you.' I mocked.

Earning myself quite a strong punch on the shoulder from Alrik. 

'Easy man, i'm just trying to piss you off. Let's hurry up and get back before I  kill you.' I laughed along with Alrik as we sped toward the manor house where the others awaited.