Chapter Seven

- Lust -

*Mature Content*

Alrik's POV:

My usual routine after lunch was to lock myself in my room and turn my music up so loud it almost hurt to listen to it. Almost. I'b been aggressively throwing darts for the past hour or so. I needed a distraction. Something to suppress my anger within. Laughter caught my attention and I headed for the window to see who was making all the fucking unnecessary noise. 

Declan and ..... Mina. What the fuck was so important that they both missed out on lunch? And what the fuck was so funny! I felt the anger well up inside me again as I marched out of my room and made my way toward the dining room for dinner. 

Mina's POV:

I followed Declan back into the house and toward the dinning room. We'd been having quite a bit of fun that we completely lost track of time and missed lunch. It's a wonder no one bothered to look for us. But i'm starting to think that's how things are around here. You fend for yourself. 

When we entered the room Emery was sitting at the top of the table. Probably because he's the 'leader' shall we say. Hector was sitting quietly with his hands clasped in front of him almost as if he is concentrating. Alrik was present as well, drumming his fingers impatiently against the table. I took a seat next to Declan as I faced Alrik who sat beside a forever silent, Hector. 

An abrupt sound of a door opening and closing had everyone slightly startled. We all looked up to see who walked into the dinning room. 

'Hello everyone. It's good to see you all.' The man greeted his friends? As he made for the other end of the table across from Emery. 

'Welcome back Raiden glad to have you home again.' Emery replied.

'I'm sure it is. Now who is this pretty little thing?' Raiden stopped in his tracks giving me a charming smile as he looked me over.

'This is Mina. Our new guest.' Declan answered for me.

'Well, well. I do believe we will get along just fine.' He walked closer to me, talking my hand in his and placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles. Before returning to his chair. 

I found it hard to take my eyes off of Raiden but managed to break the 'staring contest' when a petite woman with auburn hair tied in a bun wearing a black, flour covered apron stumbled into the room carrying a huge tray with the golden dumplings. 

No one seemed to even notice her but me. She never spoke either just went about her business and left the room. Only to return a few seconds later to fill everyone's glasses with a rich red wine. I muttered my thanks and she gave me a brief smile then headed out of the room back to the kitchens closing the door behind her. 

'Enjoy.' Emery gave his permission for us to start eating. 

The food and the wine was amazing, like a five star restaurant. I felt a pair of eyes staring at me intently. I looked up and met Alrik's irritated gaze. 

'Where did you are Declan disappear to this morning?' He seemed unsure whether to be annoyed or angry. 

'We went for a walk.' I answered truthfully but he seemed unsatisfied with my answer. 

'Oh, really. Is that all? Cause normally a walk doesn't cause you to miss lunch.' He started getting even more tense and worked up the more he spoke.

'What are you getting at Alrik?' Declan became on edge as well.