Chapter Fourteen

- Changing -

Authors Note: Picture above, Mina's Siren form.

I couldn't move anything because of the potion Raiden made me drink. But I could feel the white hot pain of the blade in my flesh. 

My breathing was coming in quick shallow breaths. When I screamed, the spell instantly broke. My mind no longer focused on keeping it in place. 

Although there was no longer a need to keep them hypnotised. If anything I needed them to come back to their senses immediately so that I could get this damned dagger out of me. 

So they all 'awoke'. Back to the situation at hand.

'What the fuck Emery!' Declan screamed at his leader. 

'What?! It wasn't my fucking fault! I have no idea how this happened!' He stared wide eyed at the blade now buried in my shoulder as I writhed in pain. 

'Oh Satan! Well this is certainly not how this was supposed to go.' Alrik muttered from behind.

Raiden rushed up to me with a cloth and quickly yanked out the blade which caused blood to pour from my wound, painting the stone a crimson red. 

As soon as he pulled the dagger out, I threw up. A white misty ball came from my throat, in which I spat out. 

Raiden stumbled back as it tore itself into five smaller clouds and flew into each one of them, knocking them all to the ground.  

Their bodies absorbing the white light. 

There is just bright light everywhere. What's happening?

Emery's POV:

After Mina's soul flew into me, I felt disoriented for a moment or two before finding my feet again. 

I cast a quick glance at Mina, expecting her to be dead and motionless ...

but she is still very alive.

I gasped as blood poured from her wound. Her skin growing paler and paler. 

Without thinking, I rushed over on instinct and in complete shock, more than anything else, and grabbed the cloth from Raiden, who was just getting up off the floor. 

I then applied pressure to her wound with the cloth as my mind was fuzzy and I couldn't quite think straight.  

Why is she still alive? 

Her soul left her body. 

What the fuck is happening?!

Never in my existence has this ever happened during a ritual. This is a first and to be honest, I am scared.

With every second Mina's skin changed, getting paler and her face would seem a little different every time I looked at her. 

Am I losing my mind?

'Raiden, help her.' I steadied him. 

'E-eh Emery?... who's she?' He pointed to the figure laying on the stone. 

She looked nothing like Mina, except from the long brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

What the hell?!  

'Sir, if I may... that appears to be Mina.' Hector intervened. 

'It's impossible. Does she look like Mina to you?!' I was so confused and just wanted all of this to be over and done with.