Chapter Five

- Conflict -

Authors note- (picture above: Hector) 

Emery's POV:

Her eyes hold so much fear. So much pain. It's intoxicating to say the least. Soon she was unconscious and someone needed to deal with her. I am too worked up right now to even look at her. 

For if I do then i'm afraid I might kill her. I stand up and turn my back on the sleeping girl. Breathing in and out, in and out. 

 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Deep breaths. 

Keep yourself under control. I've always had trouble with my anger. It doesn't take much for me to snap. 

I send a telepathic message to Declan to collect Mina and take her from my sight. Seconds later there was a knock on the door. 

After giving my permission to enter, Declan stood behind the couch eyeing her. 

'Emery? what happened?' He asked although he knew the answer.

'I am in no mood to talk. Just get her out of here.' The urgency in my voice was clear and Declan was non hesitant to do as I asked. 

The small click of the door shutting made me release a large breath I wasn't aware I had been holding.

I walked over to my chair and let myself fall onto it, exhausted from the energy drain and the anger. 

She will learn. I tell myself. She will learn...

Declan's POV:

I didn't waste any time in Emery's presence. I quickly done as he asked and got out of his way. He is clearly pissed and the worst thing I could do is to overstay my welcome. 

I carried Mina all the way to her room on the fourth floor. Careful not to move her too much. 

Emery must have been more pissed off than I thought.

 Entering her room, I lay her on the bed and went into the bathroom. I soaked a cloth in the sink and make my way to her bedside. 

Gently lifting her t-shirt off so I can get a better view of the sizzling wound. I press the cloth to her singed skin. 

She winces slightly in her sleep. 

Just then I feel something. Something deep within me, I am not familiar with. A pang of some sorts that is almost painful. 

I continue to sterilise her wound so that it heals quicker. After cleaning up I wash the cloth in the bathroom sink and sit beside Mina watching her sleep. A song playing in my head as I slowly lose consciousness...

she wears those scars upon her skin

to show she is not afraid 

a tear falls down her pink cheeks

but she is not ashamed

the darkness tries to take her 

far from the light

and soon she falls under 

thy deadly lullaby 

next day --------------

Mina's POV: