Chapter Six

- Sins -

Authors note- (picture above: Raiden)

I immediately felt my face go bright red as I had a strong urge to flee. But I mustn't show i'm afraid. So instead I take deep breaths and stay put. Watching as he walks over to the fridge and collects a carton of orange juice. None of us dared break the silence so we just continued to eat our breakfast. 

'Good morning Declan... Mina.' Emery addressed us calmly as if nothing had ever happened between us. But I knew that he hadn't forgotten. I certainly hadn't forgotten. 

'Morning.' Declan and I replied in unison. 

Then we watched as Emery put the carton back into the fridge and left the kitchen.

'Is he always so scary in the mornings?' I asked turning to Declan. 

'He's always got that affect on people. No matter what time of day it is.' He chuckled and ate his last frostie before collecting our empty bowls and putting them in the sink.

'So what do you want to do today? I'm assuming you don't have plans.' Yet again thinks he's a comedian. Laughing at his own jokes.

'Erm... I don't know. What is there to do around here?' I asked curiously.

'Well there is a pretty cool lake a bit into the woods. You know, if you're into nature.' He turned to me waiting for my answer.

'Yeah, that sounds fun. I'm just gonna go get dressed. Where will I meet you?'

'Just out the back door. It's down that hall there and to your left. Whenever you're ready. Take your time.' 

'Thanks.' And with that I hurried to get myself together.

I feel a lot better about showering in this place now. I am slowly becoming more familiar with my new surroundings and the rest of the house's inhabitants. The soap smelled like fresh lemon and lime. It's such a refreshing scent that you can't help but lose yourself in.

 I examined my scars as I cleaned myself. Declan done a really good job. It healed a lot quicker than I expected. There was no longer any pain when I touched it. I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my body. Grabbing my clothes off the floor, I headed into the bedroom. I jumped as I realised that Emery was leaning against one of the bed posts. 

'How.. did.. you?' I asked still slightly shaken from the fright he gave me.

'I own this place. I can get into any room I want.' Yet again, no expression on his face. Why is he so blank. 

'Why are you here?' I tried to get my breathing under control again. 

'I needed to speak with you.' He stated simply.

'You couldn't have waited till I came down the stairs?' He raised an eyebrow.

'What have I told you about manners.' 

'Sorry, I...' I mumbled before he cut me off with a sigh.

Emery began walking towards me until there was barely any space between us. I was too afraid to step back. My heart yet again speeding up as I feared what might come next. He looked down at my chest. Reaching forward he placed his hand on my skin. I closed my eyes awaiting another shock of pain to invade me. But nothing came. 

'Open your eyes Mina.' It felt like a command, so I obeyed. 

'Good girl... I'm not going to hurt you.' His eyes stared deeply into mine with an intimidating intensity.