Chapter Four

SOrry I haven't updated in a while. I have been distracted with books that people keep telling me to read. 

Also no Victoria's Pov. KARSON'S! WHOOP!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4:

Karson’s Pov.

“Jazz hurry up!” I yelled, leaning against the rails to the stairs, “I’m almost done.” She hollered back. Seconds later she was at the top of the stairs lugging three large suitcases down, a dufflebag, a small backpack and a purse down the stairs.

“How much do you need?” I asked as I watched her struggle with her luggage down the stairs.

“Karson…I am a girl. Girl’s need a lot of clothes. And you’re a boy so you need to help me.”

“That’s not a rule!”

“It is in my book!” She yelled back at me. “Now help!” She ordered. Although I am the Alpha of the Whiton pack, she still seemed to be able to order me to do things. It must be the protective brother inside me. With a sigh I picked up two of the suitcases and carried them out to my car. I piled them in the trunk and placed my suitcase on the top and my duffle bag in the back seat along with her duffle bag and backpack. God she had so much shit.

“Where do you plan on putting all this?” I asked.

“Well I usually have two closets…”

“This is the year your actually going to have a roommate.”

“I hope this one isn’t suicidal.” She told me with a flinch. Her last roommate hung herself after an awful break up with her abusive boyfriend.  Then the one before that was in denial about being a supernatural so she began hate the world and cut herself. And then the one before that was just plain crazy and killed herself because ‘they were coming’ for her.

“I have a good feeling about this year.” I told her truthfully as we drove to James’s house.

            “Why can’t I drive?” my sister asked me. I glared at her.

            “I have let you drive before…I saw my entire life flash before my eyes. I do not want to go through that again. James can take you drive, after all he is immortal.” I told her and watched in irritation as her face lit up at the mention of James.

            We all knew she had a crush on James, but he was my best friend. It was not going to happen…as long as I am around. She is too young to date she is only sixteen. She can date when she is eighteen. She knows the rules.

1.     No parties

2.     No Alcohol

3.     NO BOYS!!!

Those are the rules in my house. And if she doesn’t like them then she can go move in at James’s dad’s boarding house. This is where we are going now. I looked at her. Reading her thoughts, only two more years. Then I and James’s can finally be together. I frowned.

I feel bad for making her wait. I mean she is really pretty, and she has boys asking her out on dates, but she is still too young. I may seem like the worst brother ever, but really I was saving her from many years of heart break.

            I looked at my sister, she had long straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes -so unlike the rest of us Brownfields who all had brown eyes- the color of the stormy sky.

            “It’s not my fault you can’t read the driver’s ed manual.” I muttered.

            Her face shot to mine her eyes dark and furious looking, “You know I am dyslexic why do you always have to bring it up!”

            “Because you need to get over yourself and except the fact that letters and numbers get mixed in your brain.”

            “Can we just not talk about this anymore?” We stayed silent until we pulled up to James’s house. We noticed an unfamiliar purple porche parked in the driveway.

            We then heard yelling from the house, it was Anthony (James’s father)’s voice. I have never heard this man yell in his life. And I have known him for a long time. “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT…THING DOING HERE?!?” he shouted.

            I heard James’s voice, “Dad that ‘thing’ has a name. You also know the name. You have also known said ‘thing’ for years.”

            “I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD COME BACK!”

            Then a beautifully musical voice sounded and I was taken back at the mesmerizing voice, “Why do you hate me so, what did I do to you?”

            “IT’S IN THE PAST NOW! IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMORE!”

            “Well it does seem to matter. You still hate me for it.” The angelic voice spoke. “As it seems, I am not welcomed here. So I should probably be leaving.”

            I couldn’t let her leave, “Anthony. James.” I greeted as I pushed through the front door. I looked around for the source of the voice and froze when I found it.

            The girl was breath-taking. Long red tendrils cascaded down her back in long swirls framing her heart-shaped face. Her face looked like it was that of a porcelain doll, painted on by Michaelango. Her eyes were the color of emeralds, and shimmered in the light. They were the eyes on someone who is older than they seemed, someone who has been through a lot. They seemed permanently upset, but behind them if you looked closer you could see a young girl that wanted to be let free. A young girl who wanted to move forward and forget her past.

            I felt bad for her.

            I she meet my stare and turned as pale as a ghost, actually she looked like she saw a ghost. She looked from me to Jazz, to James. Anthony smirked at this whole situation.

            “James? Can I talk to you for a moment?”

            “Sure, Tori.” James still stood there.

            “Alone.”

            “I don’t really think that would b-“ he started with a huge grin like he too was enjoying this situation. The thing with James is he is always planning something. You never know what it is until it happens. Tori pulled him towards the kitchen.

             You heard screaming and then a loud smack.

            I wonder if they’re dating.

            I hope not!

            That would suck. Because I can already feel a strange connection to her. I wonder why she stared at me like that. I focused on her thoughts. One word was voiced in her mind.

            John.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO I would like to know how you like this story! I would really like to hear what you think about Victoria, James, Jazz, and Karson. How do you feel about John? DO you like him? Hate him? Team Karson? Team John? Team James? What is with all these "J" names? I just reliazed! Omg...I think I just had an ephinany... or however you spell it. 

v----v Vampireluver23!!!

Vote, Comment, Like!!!