Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Karson’s Pov.

I woke up in my room, my first thought was: How did I get here? I was still in my costume from the ball, I was dressed as a merchant from the Victorian era. I find it funny that Victoria, was born in the Victorian Era.

I quietly as I could, I got up trying not to disturb James, I was half way to the door when I noticed he wasn’t it the bed. Running as quickly as I could, I ran up to Jazz and Tori’s room.

I opened to a half empty room. All of Victoria’s stuff was gone, but Jazz’s wasn’t. I also noticed the clock and saw it was only ten. I also noticed Jazz wasn’t in her bed.

They must be still at the ball.

Then I looked at Tori’s bed to see a book and a cat on her bed. The cat had a note under it saying, “Morrigan.” I opened the book and a page from it fell out. Picking it up, I noticed a letter typed out from a typerwriter. Reading the letter, I clutched it my hand and ran out of the school.

As fast as I could I got to White Manor. I searched through the crowd of people. Finally I spot them.

I ran up to them and handed them the letter, James read and his eyes turned red with rage. He handed it to Jazz and said he was going to go search her room for any signs of her.

Disappearing quickly, I looked at Jazz who had tears in her eyes, “She’s gone Karson.” She whispered. “Why?”

“I don’t know.” I replied. I hugged her and rubbed her back trying to comfort her. Tori, why did you leave?

Suddenly James was back holding Morrigan the cat. “All right, cat talk.” He ordered. Jazz and I looked at him curiously.

“She’s Victoria’s familiar.” He explained.

Suddenly the cat yawned, “I only will speak to my new caretaker.”

James looked curiously, “A new caretaker? But witch’s only give their familiars to someone they trust with their life! Who is that?”

“Karson Brownfield.” The strange talking cat answered its green eyes so much like Victoria’s and James’s.

“That’s me.” I replied.

“Read the note, it explains why Victoria is gone.” The cat replied.

“No it doesn’t I already read it.” I explained.

“Give it to her.” The cat jerked it’s head towards Jazz.

I handed the letter over to Jazz, “Why?”

Jazz answered, “My gift is to see codes and truth words written words. I have to ability to read and understand all languages and symbols. She must have a code in it.” She looked at it. Her eyes shifted over the pages several times. “James, you and Victoria used to have codes as children right?”

"Yes."

“What does three J’s mean?”

“The sentence is hidden in the message.” He replied, “Usely underlined, maybe—“

“Bolded?”

“Yes. She used to do that, when someone was going to read over it so it would be less noticeable.”

“J-o-h-n-i-s-a-l-i-v-e.” She replied her face paling.

“John is alive.” Morrigan replied.

Oh shit.

“We have to find her. John probably found a way to come back and forced her to write that letter and she put the message in to warn us.”

“No.” Jazz said, “Karson she said she didn’t want us getting hurt. She doesn’t want us to find her.”

“Maybe, she really does love John and she helped get him back and now they are running around together spreading forgiveness? Does that sound like the Victoria we know?”

Morrigan gave me a cat-like smile, “You called her Victoria.”

“Yeah so?”

“You never call her that.”

She was right. “Look that doesn’t matter. We need to help her she is danger!” They looked unsure, “Well I am, I don’t know about you.”

“I’m in.” Morrigan agreed.

“Same.” James agreed.

“Always.” Jazz replied.

We were going to find her, and we were going to get rid of John once in for all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BABY IT'S OVER!!!! OVER!!! Whoa... where did that song come from? Anyone know what song that is? Weird.

So yeah, it's over. Well BOOK ONE is. The seqeul: Buried in Lies, will be up soonish. So excited! Get ready for...Cinna? No! John's povs! I am so excited! I am so excited to write in his pov!

So, I will send out a message to all of that are a fan of me, it you aren't well fan me. Jk, I will put an author note with link to the sequel that or just stalk my works. Whihc ever one works for you.

Bye for now,

V----V Vampireluver23

P.s. The "diary entry" is the letter that Victoria wrote btw.