Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Karson woke up after what felt like hours but it was probably only minutes, he saw me crying and came over to me. “Tori? What’s wrong?” I heard him ask as he came and sat in front of me.

“N-nothing.” I stuttered. “Can you remember anything?”

“I remember talking to you, then it felt like I wasn’t in control of my body and then I saw all black. I woke up and—why are you crying?”

I put on a brave face, a face I had gotten down to a T. “Nothing.” I said and tried to stand up but he caught my hand.

“It was John again wasn’t it?” He asked his voice filled with concern. I nodded tears began to fall again. “He’s dead, Tori. He’s not coming back.” He assured me. I don’t know why or how but suddenly I had my arms around Karson and crying on his shoulder.

“I’m so scared of him.” I whispered.

“I’m going to fix you, no matter what it takes. He was evil, he was wrong to use you like that. I don’t know exactly what he did to you, but it has left you unstable. I’ll keep you safe; I promise he won’t hurt you when you’re with me.” I looked up at him, still clinging to him as if my life depended on it.

Suddenly, he didn’t look like John at all, he was Karson. I grinned, “Why are you so nice to me?”

“Because I like you Tori, I have liked you since I first saw you.” He admitted with a sheepish smile.

“Really?” I asked surprised. He nodded blushing slightly, “Wow, I am flattered. Most people think I am a cold heartless bitch.”

“I don’t. I think you are someone who can’t ditch their past like they want. It just keeps coming back.”

I laughed, “It’s funny how you seem to be the only one that understands me.” I commented.

“I am really good at understanding people.” Emotions made an appearance in his eyes: adoration, love, and desire? “Can I kiss you?” He asked glancing down at my lips.

“Yes.”

And he did. It was easily the best kiss I had ever. He was so sweet and gentle; he was acting like if I would shatter like glass. His lips were soft and tender and fit mine perfectly. It was sweet, gentle, tender—but passionate and filled with love.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me; he wrapped his arms around my waist and positioned me on his lap. I licked his lip begging for entrance, he granted me with my request and opened his mouth. God, he tasted so good!

“Oh Karson!” A high-pitched voice mocked. I turned to see James standing in the doorway.

Jazz appeared beside him, “Oh Tori!” she mocked in a deep voice.

I rolled my eyes, “Grow up you two.”

Karson took in a huge sniff, and walked over to Jazz, “Why do you smell like him?” He asked going into over-protective-brother-mood.

“Uh, well! This has been an exciting night! Bye James,” she said pushing him out of the room, “Bye my favorite brother!” she said pushing Karson out of the room and shutting the door behind her and locking it.

She turned around and I had the biggest smile, “You two kissed.” I accused.

“What?” She asked like it was the most ridiculous thing in the entire world. I gave her an I don’t believe you look. “Okay! We did.” She admitted.

“Ekk!” I squealed jumping up and hugging her.

“Oh and he asked me to the Halloween Ball!” She squealed.

“That’s awesome—“I gushed but stopped, “Wait they still have that?”

“Of course! They have that every year! Why?” She asked confused.

Because that’s where I had my first kiss with John, “Nothing, I was just wondering. I remember going to it.”

She looked sad for a moment, “Look if it brings back bad memories you don’t have to go. I was just wondering if you wanted to go.”

“No, I’ll go. I haven’t been out for fun in a long time.”

She asked, “How long?”

I walked over to my bed pulling back the covers and then turned to look at her, “How long ago were speak ease’s?”

“I don’t even know what that is, so I am guessing a while.” She said with a smile. She reached over from her bed and flicked off the light. “So about my brother…” She prompted.

“Oh, don’t even.” I grumbled.

“Okay, Okay, but please don’t break his heart. He really likes you. I know, he looks like John, but he isn’t.” she pleaded.

“I would never do that to him, and I really like him too. More than I should. I know he isn’t John, there not even close to each other’s personality. Karson’s pure, and John’s pure evil.” I rambled. “Now, that I think about it, I don’t think I was ever in love with John.”

“Really?”

“Maybe, I mean I feel like I did love him once but as soon as he got back from his trip, he was… cruel.” I pondered.

“Well he was a vampire. He obviously lost control of his inner demons and went crazy.” She said.

“That makes sense.” I yawned.

“Tori?”

“Yeah?”

“Have you or James lost yours?”

“No.”

“Will you ever?”

“Maybe. For me. But James is too good to ever go as evil as John.” I assured her.

“Thank you.”

I rolled over so I could see her slightly, “For what?”

“Liking Karson back. I don’t what I’d do if I ever saw him hurt