Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to Dad

Chapter Seven

            I chased-what was her name? - up the stairs. Man she was fast, but not as fast as I was. I was older therefore I was faster. I walked down a really long hallway.

            The hallway seemed to stretch on and on. There were doors lining the walls. Each door looked the same as the others until you walked past it. They all had names in black on the white wood. Amy, Mallory, Griffin, Oliver, Kendelyn, Avery, Jack, and Cory were the names.

            They run a boarding house now? Weird. Why didn’t know this? The last time I was here was during the twenties…and it has been eighty years. Wow, that means I am like…166 years old. I should be like…decayed by now.

            Anyway I found her in James room. When I opened the door,  I was engulfed in a room that screamed vampire’s lair. It had black walls that had posters of bands and animes (he is a secret nerd) along it. Pictures and other random keepsakes lined the wall too. In the center of the room was a large red leather couch across from a flat screen TV. There was a book shelf and desk with a laptop against one of the walls.

            But on the couch sat a cries teenage girl. I walked up behind the couch, “Don’t cry. It will ruin the couch.”

            She looked up and glared at me, “What do you want?”

            “I came to explain.”

            “Explain what? I am pretty sure that was self-explanatory.” She remarked, you could hear the heart break in her voice.

            “Look, James and I aren’t dating.”

            “Really?” she asked with hopeful eyes. I smiled and nodded my eyes.

            “It would be weird, he is like my brother. Besides, I know he likes you. Oh yeah! I don’t even know your name.”

            “Jazzlyn Brownfield.”

            “Nice to meet you.” I said shaking her hand. “And what’s your brother’s name?” I inquired.

            “Karson, how did you know he was my brother?”

            “I guessed.” I lied. A pain stabbed my chest. Everything I lied I went through physical pain. It was something about being a hypocrite. If I witch is one then they get punished for it.

            “Oh, yeah. He is the Alpha werewolf of the Whiton pack.”

            “Of course he was.” The Whiton Pack was the pack that supposedly killed my father but I knew John did.

            “So what are you?” she asked.

            “I’m a vampire.” Another stab to my chest. I wasn’t lying, I just wasn’t telling the whole truth.

            “You don’t smell like a vampire. You smell different. Like roses.”

            “Yes, I knew someone a long time ago that taught me to disguise myself.” I met another hybrid in the early 1900’s. Her name was Lizzie (reference to my other book “Sudden Change”) she was a very good inventor. She too was hiding from the officials.

            “That’s cool. So now you can’t be tracked by anyone.”

            “Yup.” I smiled, “Let’s go down stairs. I haven’t seen James in ages, and I am set on getting you two together.”

            “That’s not going to happen.”

            “Of course it is.” I reassured her.

            “No, you don’t understand. Karson…is very overprotective. He would kill James.”

            “I can fix that.” I did it once, I can do it again. I helped arrange secret dates between Rebecca and James. Notes, meetings, and etc. I also was John’s distraction…which was great for me at the time. Now…not so much. You can say I am very seductive and can get men to think of other things then where there sister is at a certain time.

            “What do you mean?”

            “I am a very persuasive person. Guys can’t say no to me when I ask them something.” I smiled mischievously. She smiled too.

            “If you can get my brother to let me date before I am thrity, then you will be my hero.”

            “Well then start building a shrine. Because I except the challenge.”

Will Victoria be able to get Karson to let Jazz and James date? What do you think? And how do you think Victoria will act around Karson?

Comment, vote, and like,

V---V Vampireluver23