Chapter Twelve

Hint: The truth is revealed!

Chapter Twelve:

"Tori!" I heard James I call I spun on my heel and walked over to him. I asked him what he wanted and he said that we needed to talk. So we went into an empty classroom. "Okay, first I am so sorry that Ann was here. I didn't even know. Two, I think we should tell Karson and Jazz."

"What? Are you crazy?" I asked in a whisper.

"No, but they are getting suspicous. I saw you in the hall when you lied to Karson. It is killing you to lie to them and the only way we can do that is if we tell them the truth." He reasoned.

"I am fine. It doesn't hurt that bad." I lied. I clenched my teeth as pain shot through my arm this time. "Okay, maybe it does." I admitted. "When?"

"Tonight, we can talk in your's and Jazz's room. I will bring Karson there at Six. Maybe I will bring dinner." He replied with a flash of his fangs.

I laughed, "Yes, because sucking someone's blood in front of two werewolves is how you tell someone a complicated back story."

"See? I am great at advice!" He joked. I laughed again and just shook my head walking away. "Where are you going?"

"I still have one class left, and it's with Karson and Jazz." I told him.

"Aw, I have free period." He pouted.

"Boo who, go take it out on a squirrel."  I called over my shoulder.

"Now you want me to resort to animal abuse? You ma'am are a very awful person!" He called with a joking tone. I just shook my head and caught up with Karson.

"What did you and James need to talk about?" Karson asked, he had a hint of something in his tone. Jealousy?

"Are you seriously jealous of me and James? He is like my brother. It would be wrong on so many levels."

"For all I know, you two could be from the time period where siblings married each other."

"1860." I watched as he turned around and started at me confused.

"What?" he asked.

"1860, a bad year for this town. The year of the Mayor's daughter's marriage to a wealthy man, the year that wedding took a turn for the worse when it turned into a fire and killed about 50 people. I was here, I was sixteen. James was born in the fourteen hundreds. They didn't keep very good records back then. I do not belive in marry a man that was practically a brother to me. Besides," I paused. "He isn't my type." I winked and walked away from him leaving his head reeling.

The rest of the day, even though there wasn't much of it, still went by smoothly. But I sat anxious in my dorm room with Jazz sitting on her bed reading a book on her Nook and glancing at me occasionally make sure I hadn't made dents in the floor where my shoes were scuffing.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Five minutes since the last time you asked me." She replied with an amused glint in her eyes. I glared playfully at her and made me aware that it was 5:57. Three minutes until I spill my guts, I thought. Three minutes until I can fully get everything off my chest.

Suddenly the door opened and James and Karson walked in. "What if we were changing?" Jazz asked outraged.

"But you weren't." James informed her with a smirk.

 "What if we were?" She questioned.

"That's not my probelm." He replied ending the argument. "So, shall we begin?" James asked with a creepy smile.