Diary Six

This is why Rebecca has been acting weird and why she is hated by her mother. Can you guess? hehehe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,                                                                                                  June 9, 1860

            Mother always warned is about the woods. She told me beast lived in them. But I never believed. James and John wanted to go so Rebecca and I tagged along with them.

            We had to run and kept stumbling to keep with them. James was ahead of all of us. Jazz was a head of me. I stumbled over something and felt my ankle give out. I had let out a cry of pain. John was at my side in seconds. He checked my ankle and told me I sprained it. He lifted me up in his arms and carried me.

            Then we heard a scream. John ran faster than a horse and was at Rebecca’s side. He placed me gently on a rock, and yelled at James-who was whiter than usual- about what happened. James just stared at Rebecca’s bloody body.

            I climbed off the rock and crawled over to them. “What happened?” John looked at me. I remember getting lost in his eyes. And then nothing. Nothing! I keep blacking out.

            I remember John and me kissing in my bed and then he kissed down my neck, and then again nothing. I am getting really worried.

-Victoria