Theif

"Cowboy," Rosa sighed, "I'd rather not think about him right now. "

"That bad huh?" Jesse chuckled softly, sliding his left hand down her arm and lifting it up, cupping her hand in his as he stepped away and spun her around before pulling her back. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard you when I was walkin' up." Jesse watched as Rosa sighed softly and laid her head on his shoulder again.

"His name is [Name], we've been together for two years." She said softly, making Jesse stiffen as they swayed. "But for about the last seven or eight months, I dunno it just feels like he's done with me." Another sigh from her and Jesse rubbed her lower back with the hand that kept her close. "He was supposed to come on this vacation with me, but he said no so I dragged Ami with me since it was too far to turn back."

"Oh," Jesse felt disappointed. "You don't live here then? How long are you guys staying?"

"No, we're both from the northeast. Well more northeast than this. We'll be here for two weeks, we just got here today." She laughed and looked up at him. "Do you live here?"

"No, kinda used to. But now I travel with them," Jesse tilted his head back to the bar. "Spend most of my time in Switzerland nowadays."

"Switzerland! Wow!" Rosa sounded impressed. "I've never been! How is it there?"

"Its ok, pretty place and never short on excitement, but it doesn't quite feel like home ya know?" Jesse admitted, shrugging as Rosa looked thoughtful. "Well, as for that guy of yours, he's damn foolish." This made her chuckle softly, eyes looking at her hand on his chest. "I couldn't let you travel so far from home without me if I was your man." Rosa looked up at him and cocked an eyebrow at him, giving him a skeptical look. "Sorry if that sounds," he gently tilted his head left and right, trying to think of an appropriate word.

"Pig-ish?" Rosa offered up, chuckling and pulling back a little.

"We'll go with that," Jesse chuckled. "I'd be too worried about your safety, and I ain't real trusting of men I don't know." He pulled her closer and squeezed her hand gently. "Plus, well, as you can see I'm real good at stickin' my foot in my mouth. I wouldn't want you to go and get swept off your feet by some..." His face grew a little serious as they turned, the first song fading out and another beginning.

"Cowboy?" Rosa laughed, Jesse could feel the vibration against his chest and in his hand on her back.

"Exactly," Jesse laughed, "Because I said or did somethin' dumb before you left." Jesse lifted his eyes from her and scanned the room, eyes locking on a guy a little older and bigger than him, wearing a leather jacket with a bright white skull stitched onto the front. He was wearing a bandana, and his pants were sagging around his waist, he grinned at Jesse who nodded, face growing serious. "Rosa," he stopped their swaying and gripped her elbows somewhat tight. "I'm sorry, but it's about time for me to go to work."

"Aw, I never thought of a nickname for you." She laughed gently, a soft look of disappointment on her face.

"Well, you're here for two weeks right?"

"Give or take," She smiled.

"I dunno how long I'll be here, but I think I won't be leavin' anytime soon." Jesse winked at her, making her smile. "You got time, just don't go gettin swept off our feet by any other outlaws in the meantime." He put her chin between his thumb and the curve of his index finger, bringing her closer to his face. "At least," he was whispering now, bringing his lips close to hers. In a reflex, she closed her eyes, and it made Jesse's heart pound in his chest, "Not till I see you again."

Jesse felt the edge of his lips touch hers and felt her tense in his hand, causing him to hesitate before pulling away, smiling sadly. He wanted to dance with her again, but he had a job to do, there was justice to dispense. Jesse let go of her chin and tapped her lips with his gloved finger, smirking as she opened her eyes in shock. He backed away and put one hand on his hat and tipped it down, shoving his fist into his pants pocket as he turned and walked back to the bar, when he thought he was out of Rosa's eyesight he looked up and locked eyes with Gabe, nodding and glaring.