Grandpa Told Me So

Ok, no false promises. I balled like a cried writing this from beginning to end, I'm about cried out now but I'm still sad as hell. I think I was just trying to avoid writing this out, as with everyone I've dealt with loss in the family and this was a touchy chapter--but it needed to be written and I'm glad to have done it. I hope it touches ya'll like it did me. 

At its natural ending and will be making a new book later on that will be a companion or sequel to this one that'll deal with Rosa-Belle. Hope ya'll enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's all that?" Rosa asked as Jesse followed her back to the room.

"Uh," Jesse laughed, trying to think of the appropriate phrasing. "My inheritance, I guess you could say..." She cocked a brow, and Jesse pointed to the bed, showing her what the bag held inside, slowly she sank onto the bed until she was sitting, and Jesse joined her. When she asked what had happened, he spent some time filling her in on what Santana had told her, minus the dream about his future daughter with her. When he was done, all [Y/N] could do was blink and stare at the wall. "Hon?"

"Something doesn't feel right." She mumbled, her brow furrowing slowly. She reached out for Jesse's hand, and he gripped it, surprised at how tightly she squeezed.

"I feel it too," Jesse told her, pulling her gently, so they laid on the bed together wrapped up in one another's arms. "Might just be the dust settling...we've had a pretty eventful last couple hours n all." [Y/N]'s head bobbed in agreement, her head laying over Jesse's heart.

"That's true...but..." She laid for a few moments silently when a grumble from Jesse's stomach made her laugh, "Maybe we'll feel a little better once we get some grub."

"I don't feel much like cookin'." Jesse laughed, another growl much louder than the first roared from his stomach, making him groan. "Oh, didn't realize just how hungry I was! I could eat a whole cow on my own!"

"Take out it is then." [Y/N] laughed and stretched up, pecking Jesse's lips softly before getting to her feet. "I'm gonna shower, think about what you want, I'm down for whatever." She slid off the bed and walked to the bathroom door, stopping inside the frame to smile, "Or, if you want," Jesse lifted himself off the bed with a happy grin, "You could shower with me, and we could talk it over together." Jesse shot up out of bed, but as he started toward the door, he looked over his shoulder and thought better.

"Wait, I better go see what San wants ta eat," He walked over to the bathroom and gave her a long deep kiss. As he pulled away, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, swaying as they talked, "I know we were apart for a long time, and gotta lot to catch up on," he chuckled as she smiled up at him. "But we ain't got nothin' to tear us apart again, so some time to rest is prolly a good thing...ain't the stallion I used to be."

"That your way of saying you're getting old?" [Y/N] laughed as he mocked her with a sneer and kissed her cheek.

"I'll go see what San wants if you're still in when I come back I'll join ya." He reached down with his right hand and slapped her as she started to walk away, making her jump and spin around with a warning of 'hey!'. He winked and left the room, closing the door behind him, he looked out over the hotel silently for a moment without moving from in front of the door. Everything seemed dusty and run down, but he could see it being restored. Mentally as he walked over to the railing and leaned on it, he started making a checklist of things that would need to be done.

Def needs to be cleaned, that'll take a while. Fresh paint on tha outside, electric'll have to be turned back on to a lot'a'it...Need some workers, can start off with just me but won't be long and I'll be overrun...