|Letter 6|★

Dear Luke,

Our favourite All Time Low song came on today whilst I was sitting in my fathers old rusted car. He decided to get me out of the house and bring me to the beach down the road since the weather was nice for once.

I didn't want to go, that beach was the beach where we all went camping on, that beach was my second home but I didn't want to let my father down.

The atmosphere in the car was silent and awkward, it was strange because we were never silent around each other, I think he didn't know what to say or do with me.

Instead of talking to him like I should have, I turned on the radio, where I heard a familiar tune began to play through the small speakers through the car.

It was A Daydream Away, you remember that song Luke don't you? It was the first song you learnt on guitar, you ran over to my house that day with your guitar in your hand and a huge smile was placed on your face.

I was confused on why you were so happy all of a sudden, but you didn't say anything to me you just walked in and dashed up to my bedroom. I quickly followed you, wondering why you were acting strange and why you brought your guitar over.

As you sat on the edge of my bed, you didn't say anything to me as you took your guitar out of your case, before picking up your pick and strumming on your guitar.

I knew instantly from you strumming the first few chords on what song it was, but what I didn't expect was for you to open your mouth and start singing the lyrics that you had been practising for months.

Each lyric that fell out of your mouth fell out in tune, you finally were able to sing the song perfectly, I was so happy for you, I knew how much the song meant to you.

When the song was on the car I couldn't help but let the tears form in my eyes and roll softly down my cheek.

I hope someday I won't just be A Daydream Away from you again, hopefully this time I can just stay yours.

Love,

Sophie.x