Memories♡

Ⓛⓤⓚⓔ

As I watched Sophie drive off, I turned around slowly before taking a deep breath, walking clumsily up the small pebbled stones that led to my mothers house.

As soon as I arrived at the door, I placed my index finger on the doorbell. I hadn't told my mother what day I was coming back to Sydney, I wanted to keep it a surprise for her.

As I heard the door bell ring through the silence of the house, I shuffled on my feet patiently waiting for the door to open. I heard the door handle twisting, to see my mother Liz standing there. She had the house phone placed against her right ear, and was talking in a rushed tone. When she finally looked up, her face paled and her mouth hung open slightly.

"Sorry I have to go." She said into the phone before dropping the phone on to the ground and pulling me into her embrace. I wrapped my arms around her waist, nuzzling into her. It was good to see her again, when I got to London I felt so homesick as it was my first ever real time to be away from my family, me and my mother had an amazing bond and I adored her.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" She asked, stepping back and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Surprise visit." I said to her, fixing the strap of my bag that was falling on my shoulder.

"Oh Luke, how I missed you," she said weakly grabbing my hand. "Come in, we can have lunch and you can tell me all about London."

I followed my mum into the familiar house that seemed unfamiliar to me since I've been living in a small apartment with three boys. As I looked around the house, I noticed that nothing had changed. The walls in the hall were still a warm cream colour with pictures of our family scattered across them.

As we approached the kitchen, I stopped when my eye caught a picture that I had forgotten about. I stepped to the little side table where the picture was placed perfectly in a silver frame. There in the picture was me and Sophie. It was the day of my older brother Jacks wedding, and I had asked Sophie to come with me.

In the picture, I was there with my arm wrapped tightly around her waist, we were both looking at each other, when we were supposed to be looking at the camera, both of us were laughing over something, Sophie's hand was placed on my chest.

She looked absolutely stunning that day. She arrived to my house in a light baby blue dress that reached to her knees, her black hair was curled and brought to one side. That day, was the day that I knew I loved her.

"Luke, are you coming?" My mother called from the kitchen bringing me out of the trance of staring at the picture. I smiled at the picture before heading into te kitchen, taking a seat on the wooden chair, as I began to tell my mother about London.

❁❋❁❋❁❋

After an hour of telling my mother the ins and outs of my adventures from London, I heard a car park outside our house. I shrugged it off thinking it was my brother Jack and his wife Donna coming over to visit.

"I'll go and see if it's them, hold on a minute." My mother said, getting off the wooden chair and walking towards the front door.

I drummed my index finger to the beat of a Nirvana song on the kitchen counter, waiting for my mother to come back.

"Luke, there's a surprise here for you!" I heard my mother say. I got off the wooden chair, peeking my head around the door that led to the hallway, expecting to see my older brother, but instead there stood Sophie.

I stood there, looking at her.

"I thought you were going to see Eva?" I asked stepping closer to her, as my mother moved out of the hallway and back into the kitchen.

"I was with her, but then I told her you were back and she forced me to come back over here." She said, taking a step towards me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. "Well I'm glad that she told you to come back, I missed you." I said pressing my forehead against hers.

She giggled, her giggle filling the emptiness of the hallway before wrapping her arms loosely around my neck. "I was only gone for an hour Luke," she whispered. "I was going to turn around and leave because I didn't want to disturb you and Liz, but she caught me and made me come in."

I smiled, pushing some loose hair off her face. "I'm glad that she made you come back in, I'm never going to stop missing you Soph." I told her, cupping her cheek.

Sophie closed her eyes for a minute, when she reopened them tears were starting to form. "I- I still can't believe your back Luke, I didn't think I was ever going to see you again." She said as a single tear slipped down her cheek.

I rose my hand, wiping her tear away with my thumb. I leaned down, pressing my lips softly to hers, pecking her once. "I was always going to come back Sophie, I promised you that I would."

"Luke, Sophie, come into the kitchen for some food." I heard my mother say from the kitchen.

I grabbed Sophie's hand and pulled her into the kitchen where the aroma of chicken filled my nose.

I groaned in appreciation, knowing that she cooked me and Sophie's favourite dinner.

"Sit down guys, won't be long now until it's ready." She instructed pointing at the chairs. I kept my fingers interlocked with Sophie as we sat down, I didn't want to let go of her, I was afraid that if I did let to of her she would disappear.

"Thank you so much Liz, you shouldn't have." Sophie said, smiling warmly at Liz.

Liz smiled. "Oh shush Sophie, it's no problem at all."

I smiled at the both of them, brining Sophie's hand up to my mouth, placing small kisses on it.

"I'm guessing you two are okay then, am I right?" Liz asked, a small smirk was placed on her lips.

I smiled widely at her before nodding my head, looking at Sophie who was nodding too, a huge smile placed on her lips.

"Well I'm glad, I always said that you two were always going to get married, I just know that you guys will."

I groaned before placing my free hand over my face. "Mum please, not now."

Sophie was giggling beside me, a tint of red was placed on her face.

"Leave your mother alone, Lukey." Sophie teased.

"Thank you Sophie, see Luke, even Sophie agrees with me."

I groaned again, which made Sophie and Liz to burst into a fit of giggles. "Shut up." I said to both of them, feeling my lips tug up into a smile at the same time.

"Sorry Mr grumpy pants." Sophie said to me.

I turned to glare at her, a smirk was placed on her adorable lips, which made me smile at her. Her smile was so perfect, I just wanted to take a picture of it so I could make it last forever.

I was so hung up and love struck on Sophie, during the duration of dinner as she talked to my mum, I couldn't help but sneak glances at her every now and again, I was enchanted and mesmerised by her.

Every little thing she did, from the simplicity of her placing her hand over her mouth when she was laughing so much, to how her nose crinkled up when she talked something about disgusting, or how are dark green eyes softened to a baby green when she talked about something that affected her.

Every fibre, bone and muscle in my body was in love with her, and I was always going to be in love with her, no matter what.

❀✿❀✿❀✿

I HAVE 2k READS WHAT IS GOING ON?! Thank you all so so much, you've really made my day so much better!

I have posted my Mikey fanfic so if you want to read that you can!

I got my Don't Stop EP today, and I haven't stopped listening to it, I mean I can't stop listening to it.

I love that band so much omg, but guys thank you so much all again ily

May