Training (Chrobin Week)

Sometime before chapter 6. Anna (Pre-relationship)

"Now, try to imagine a small fire burning in your palm."

"I-I'm trying! You make it took so easy!"

I giggled into my hand and smiled at the flustered prince. "You'll get the hang of it, soon! I promise!"

Chrom sighed and scrutinized the fire tome again. "If you say so..."

Chrom wanted me to teach him magic. Why? I'm not really sure. But it's fun to watch him concentrate so hard.

He held out his arm for an extended period of time; I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

He's struggling more than I thought he would... I shook my head and walked over to him. "You're doing it wrong, here." I took the tome from him. "You're not supposed to focus on the spell and make it run through your head over and over. You're supposed to let it take you over. Let it manifest your body."

I let out a breath and relaxed my muscles. Fire...think of fire... My mind filled with images of dancing flames. I could already hear the crackling of the fire in my ears. I could already smell smoke. I could already feel the heat. A tingling warmth grew in my heart and spread to the other parts of my body: my arms, my legs, my head, everything.

I took a quick breath of air and then released the magic as I exhaled. A small ball of fire shot from my hand and hit the log I placed on a stone. The flames quickly ate the log and soon, all that was left was ashes.

"See? Just like that!" I dropped my tome and scurried over to the rock and placed another log on the stone. "Do you want to try again?"

Chrom rolled his eyes and picked up my discarded tome. "You say it like everyone knows what you're talking about." He sighed. "I'm totally lost, Anna. It's no use. I'll never learn magic."

I frowned and walked up to him. "Nonsense!" I placed my hand on his and held it up. "You can do this. You know you can. You just have to believe in yourself."

Chrom and I stared at one another for about a minute, then he finally gave in. "Fine. You win. I'll give it one more go. Ok?"

I clapped my hands together and grinned. "Ok!"

Chrom mimicked my previous actions. Soon enough, a small ball of fire shot from his hand and hit the log. It wasn't as big as my flame, but it was big enough to slowly start burning the log.

Panting, Chrom turned to me. "I-I did it!" He laughed and ran a hand through his hair. "I actually did it!"

I smiled the biggest of smiles. "I'm so proud of you! I told you that you could do it!"

Before I could say anything else; Chrom swept me off my feet and hugged me tightly. My face went as red as a tomato.

"Oh! Er, sorry! I'm kinda hyped on adrenaline, right now," he said, putting me down. "Thank you so much for helping me, Anna. I couldn't have done this without you."

I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and looked down. "It's no problem!"

Just then, Chrom began to wobble. He braced himself on a tree and tried to hold himself steady. "Umm...is this normal?"

I giggled nervously. "For your first time: yes," I replied. I wrapped an arm around his back and helped him walk. "Let's get you back to camp. You need to rest."

Chrom nodded and leaned against me. "Sounds like a plan... I feel like I could sleep forever..."

"Haha, yeah..."

Despite the fact that I've worked with fire spells multiple times: I never feel as warm as I do when I'm with Chrom.

___________

I finally found an excuse to use I Am Setsuna Music XD Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!

Next Prompt: October 17th, Halloween

Currently listening to: Hallelujah: Rufus Wainwright