Ylisse & Plegia (Chrobin Week)

Sometime after the endgame. Chrom

"Are you almost ready, Anna?" I asked my wife from the other room.

"Yeah, just a second," she replied, stepping out of the bathroom.

Even though we've been married for almost three years, I still get flustered when I see my Anna in dresses. She was wearing a dark blue dress to with a pink floral pattern decorating it. The color matched my suit, but the only flower related article on my outfit was a pink rose that was pinned to my jacket.

I smiled at her. "You look stunning," I said, running a hand through her soft locks. "This is the first Flower Festival since you returned; are you excited?"

Anna smiled back, but it was an empty smile. "Y-yeah! I'm really excited!"

I frowned and sat her down on the bed. "What's wrong?" I sighed, sitting down next to her. "You've been so distant lately. You can talk to me about anything, you know."

Anna let out a breath and leaned onto me. "I've...I've just been thinking about a lot of things..." she murmured. "About you, about Lucina, about being Queen..."

"And what about being Queen troubles you?"

She looked up and locked eyes with me. "Chrom...I'm Plegian..." She began to cry. "I'm Plegian...and yet I'm Ylissean Royalty..."

"Oh, gods..." I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her close. "Don't think about that. Don't worry about that." I kissed her forehead. "I don't care that you're Plegian. You're still my Anna. You're still my wife."

"But I'm not worthy to be your wife!"

I was speechless. Hearing her say that broke my heart into a million pieces. I could barely breathe. All I wanted to do was hold her and kiss her and tell her how much I loved her.

She wiped her tears on my jacket, but I didn't care. "W-we got married right after a war with them! You married your kingdom's enemy and made me their Queen!"

I cupped her face in my hands. "Shut up." I kissed her deeply. "Just...shut up..." I kissed her again. "Don't you dare say that. You're more worthy of the throne than all of the ladies in Ylisse. I didn't marry you to make you a queen, I married you because I love you."

Anna still didn't calm down. "I-I love you, too...but I've been nothing but selfish..."

I frowned and held her closer. "How so?"

"I caused you so much trouble when you announced our engagement...you had to deal with so many nobles complaining just so we could marry... I ruined your reputation because I'm not a proper lady and my actions reflected upon you and only caused you more trouble..." She paused and drew in a long breath. "And...and I tainted your bloodline."

That did it for me.

"You did nothing of the sort, Anna!" I shouted, clutching her shoulders. "First of all: I was more than happy to deal with unhappy nobles just so we could marry! I do not regret any of that at all! Second: I could give less of a damn about my reputation. I'm the king; what can any of the nobles do? And third: you did not taint my bloodline. Why would you ever say that?"

"Because I am a Plegian with the blood of Grima!"

"Grima is dead, Anna!" I hugged her so tightly, I was almost afraid that she couldn't breathe. "You...you sacrificed so much to make sure of that..." I took a deep breath and stared into her beautiful blue eyes. "You are more than worthy to be Queen. You are more than worthy to be my wife. You fought and you killed for this country. I don't care that you're Plegian. You're Anna before you are anything. You've proved your loyalty to Ylisse over and over again. I love you with all of my heart and that is why I married you. You've made a wonderful Queen thus far, and you're only going to do even better." I kissed her one more time with as much passion as I did when I found her once more in that field months ago. "You have provided me with so much happiness. You have given me so many gifts... You've given me an incredible life, a perfect marriage, wonderful children, and so much more. Never doubt that you're unworthy ever again, my love..."

Anna remained silent.

"...I love you..." she finally whispered. "I'm so sorry... I should never have doubted any of this..."

I kissed her forehead. "It's alright..." I whispered against her head. "Remember this: you're Anna before you are Ylissean or Plegian. You are your own person."

Anna smiled and reached for my hand. "Thank you, Chrom... I don't know what I'd do without you."

I smiled back. "And do I," I said, standing back up and kissing her hand. "Now, we're missing out on the Flower Festival!" I offered her my arm. "Shall we go, my queen?"

Anna giggled and took my am. "Yes, let's go, my king."

__________

I WANTED TO WRITE ANGST AND NOW WE GOT ANGST SO I AM VERY HAPPY!!!!! Yeah, have these two dorks. I don't really have anything else to say XD Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!

Next Prompt: October 20th, Music