Halloween (Chrobin Week)

Modern AU: Anna (Pre-marriage)

"What was your favorite Halloween candy?"

"I don't know... Probably something chocolate related?"

"That's cuz you're boring."

Chrom playfully smacked my head and let out a light chuckle. "Hush, you."

Chrom and I were at the store buying candy for my favorite holiday: Halloween. I do not kid around when it comes to Halloween.

When Chrom told me he didn't really want to do anything special for Halloween; I nearly bit his head off.

"What kind of candy do you want, Anna?" My boyfriend asked me. "Also, why are you sitting in the shopping cart?"

I looked up at him and stuck out my tongue. "Because I'm tired," I replied. "Now stop complaining and get to the candy aisle."

Chrom let out a deep sigh. "Whatever you say..."

We passed by many aisles full of everything BUT candy (Chrom had to keep me away from the baking aisle for obvious purposes). I was beginning to wonder if we would ever find it.

Letting out a sigh, I decided to start a new conversation. "So who should we be for Halloween? I've always wanted to do matching costumes."

"Oh, gods... We're going to be THAT couple?"

"Yes. Yes, we are," I said. "It's cuz we're cute."

Chrom stopped walking and kissed me atop the head. "You're the cute one in the relationship." He winked. "Alright. Fine. What do you want to be?"

I brought my hand to my chin and thought for a moment. "Hmm... Well, I definitely want to cosplay." I pondered. "Umm... We can be basic and be Kirito and Asuna?"

Chrom cringed. "Er...too basic," he said.

"Link and Zelda?"

"You were Zelda last year and I know you hate repeating costumes."

My heart warmed and I smiled at him. "Awww! You remembered!" This is why I love him so much. "How about... Seven and MC?"

Chrom groaned. "No! You're always ignoring me and getting up at 2 AM to play that Mystic Messenger game!"

"Frey and Vishnal?"

"No, too difficult."

"Well, do you have any ideas?"

Chrom pushed the cart in silence for a moment. "...No..."

I crossed my arms. "That's what I thought." I huffed. "...Chrom? Do you really not want to do anything for Halloween?"

"I, um..." He hesitated for a minute. "I just never really cared that much for Halloween. That's all. It has nothing to do with you, I promise. I've just never seen what's so important about the holiday."

"I see..." I looked down and disappointment bubbled in my heart. "Well...we don't have to celebrate Halloween if it makes you uncomfortable, then..."

Chrom abruptly stopped walking. "No! It's your favorite holiday, and I'm not going to deprive you of it!" He reached out and touched my shoulder. "I will put up with everything if it means you are happy."

I sighed and turned around; sitting up and taking his face into my hands. "I love you more than anything, Chrom." I pulled his face to mine and kissed him. "I will do everything in my power to make you love Halloween, then," I promised in between kisses.

He chuckled and pulled away from me. "Alright! Alight!" He pulled me close to his chest. "Now is not a good time to do this! We can continue when we get home!"

I giggled and kissed him on the cheek. "Fine." I sat back down.

Over the next few hours, we discussed more costume ideas and bought all the candy we needed.

___________

Don't ask. I just wanted an excuse to put Anna in a shopping cart XD Anyway, I take Halloween very seriously and I love it dearly. SPOOKY TIME! Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!

Next Prompt: October 18th, Animals