Happy Birthday

Tiffany and Jessica were in a stationary and goodies store near Tiffany’s house. The eye-smiled girl begged her best friend to accompany her after school times to look for a new lunch box since her mother recently has been scolding her for buying too much snacks in school.

“Jessie, this is your stuff..” Tiffany said as she picked up an A4 sized sketchbook. Jessica just chuckled at her.

“It’s been so long since I last doing some sketches, Tiff. I guess I have lost the touch.”

“Oh come on, Jess. You usually bragged on and sent me photos of your sketches back then when you’re still in States. Just buy this, okay? I want to see you drawing in real life. ” She demanded, then pushed the book to the ice princess. “By the way you can use this beautiful best friend of yours as the model.”

Jessica rolled her eyes but then took the book and stared at it for a while before, “Okay, I’ll try.”

Jessica’s POV

After a while we arrive at the meal goodies section. Tiffany is busy to eyeing every lunch box, before finally she pick up two boxes and turns to me. In her right hand is a blue lunch box with Totoro’s picture and in her left hand is the Hello Kitty one. Kiddo.

“Jessie, which one is best?” She asks me.

“The Totoro one looks cute.” I recommend.

“But it’s not pink!!!!!” Geez.

“Okay, choose the pink one then..” She looks at the Hello Kitty lunch box.

“But it’s not Totoro!!!!!!” Oh. My. God.

“….”

“This is hard! The Totoro one is not pink! And the pink one is not Totoro! Why God gives me such a huge dilemma???!”  What. The. F*ck.

“....”

“Jess, why don’t you give me a f*cking suggestion!”

“YAH!” I glare at her with an annoyed face.

“Oh I know!” And she just ignores me.

“….”

“I will ask the employee if they have the pink color for the Totoro one! Wait here, Jessie. I’ll go asking the employee.”

I sigh as she leaves. Having nothing to do, I start to eye the goodies that the store is selling. They all looks cute and colorful, matching with kids wants. Suddenly a thing catches my attention.

This.

Author’s POV

“….. and he looked so stupid when she open the box! You should see his face, Babe! Hahahha Jiyong oppa will never be able to escape from my prank!!” Yuri’s voice was out from Jessica’s phone loudspeaker.

“Hehehe.. You should stop pranking him before he throws you out from his house, Yul.” Jessica blurted out a few giggles, trying to sound interested with Yuri’s story.

It was almost midnight when Yuri called. Because her hands were doing something, Jessica put the phone on loudspeaker mode and placed it on the table. While trying to still cope with what Yuri said, she was busy with a pencil in her right hand and an eraser in her left hand, concentrating on the sketches she was making.

“Oh, by the way. It seems like tomorrow I can’t visit you at school again, Jess.”

“Oh. It’s okay, Yul.” Jessica answered, but then stunned for a while. She put her pencil down for a while. “Uhm.. Yul.. Actually…”