Bad things

Tiffany’s POV

“Yuri’s not coming?” I ask Jessica as she sits in front of me in the canteen while I’m stuffing some kimbabs into my mouth.

“No. Why should she?” She answers calmly, leaving me dumbfounded.

“Eh?”

“We broke up.” I stop munching, staring at her with delighted face.

“Jinjja?? When?” I say excitedly, which is just replied “Yesterday.” with a weak smile from her. I frown.

“Wae? Was it a tough break up? Did she disagree?”

“Aniya. She took easy, she understands and agrees.”

“So what’s with those mood swings?”

“Hmm?” I frown again.

I notice from the morning Jessica is not in her best mood. I know she is lazy, but today it’s more like she is lifeless. She zoned out too many times and I can see some dark marks under her eyes. It seems like she got less sleep last night. And less sleep, with Jessica Jung? They don’t match at all. There must be a reason.

“Hey, americans! Can I join?” Suddenly Taeyeon approaches us and sits next to me.

“You already sat tho.” She just laughes at my sarcastic answers.

“Where’s the new couple anyway?” She asks while scanning the canteen.

“New couple?” I ask confusedly.

“Neh…” She haven’t got to answer my curiosity when she calls someone that just passing by with a bowl of ramyun in her hands.

“Yoona!” Yoona turns at her voice.

“Oh, Unnie!” She then turns to smile a little to me and an awkward(?) one to Jessica.

“Where do you sit?” Taeyeon asks again, which Yoona just answer by using her head to point the corner side of the canteen. There I see Sooyoung is sitting with some fried chickens on the table, probably waiting for Yoona to come before she can start eating.

“Well.. Well.. Well.. So now you just eat alone with your girlfriend and leave me alone?” I widen my eyes. What?

“A-aniya.. I-I just..” Yoona tries to answer with her blushing face. But only to be pushed on her back by Taeyeon hands.

“Go.. Go there.. Your prince will be sulking if you take too long. You know she loves eating so much right.” Yoona put a shy smile in her face then nods to us as the way of saying goodbye before she walks away to Sooyoung.

“Cute..” Taeyeon mumbles while still looking at how Yoona approaches Sooyoung.

“Who?” I ask as if I don’t know.

“That deer and that giraffe of course.” She answers while looking back at me, still giggles. I look at her intensely waiting for her next words. “They’ve already known each other more than a decade and just date now, for God sake. That’s slow, don’t you think?”

“Eh? Haven’t they.. like… already dated each other many times before?”

“Oh, ani, Tiffany. Not usual dating. I mean like…. Being together. Officially.” I stiffen at her explanation.

“When?” I ask again.

“Yoona told me that it was yesterday.” Gulping at her answer, I glance at Jessica. I notice that she tried to keep calm all along this conversation. But who knows what’s inside her head? I keep silent for a while before standing up from my chair.