Chapter 19

Ed's POV

After Niall asks about Brendan, I hear a cup smash to the floor in the kitchen. I don't worry, expecting it was just an accident. I keep watching a movie, but am soon to my feet when I hear Jade scream. I run in to her, to see her with her hands over her ears, on the floor of the kitchen. She has tears on her cheeks, and she has her eyes screwed shut. She whimper, her head between her legs. She screams again, and I grab her arm. She is shaking, so I start whispering in her ear. She is gasping, and I stare at Niall. He shrugs, obviously as confused as I am. I feel Jade gasp one more time, before burying her face in my shirt. I breathe a sigh of relief, before bringing her head up. I make her look me in the eyes, before asking. "Baby, why did you react like that to Niall's question?" I ask her. She sighs, before leading me to the living room. She pauses the movie, before turning her attention to all of us. She takes a deep breath, before opening her mouth to speak. "Well..." she starts.

Jade's POV

I breath in, before starting, my thoughts still everywhere, scrambled in my head. "Well..." I start, and look down at my hands. "Brendon was my elementary school bully. He lived at the orphanage with me, and was always saying unkind things to me, and throwing stuff at me. When I turned nine, he started hitting me, and it gradually got worse. He threatened to do worse than whatever he had done before if I told anyone, so I never did. Finally, when I was eleven, he was adopted. I was free, no more bullying, nothing. By then, I didn't have any friends. So I just kept to myself, listened to music, and wrote songs. It helped keep my mind off things. I was hoping he forgot about me, but now you see that didn't happen." I groan, tugging on my hair, before looking up. All of them looked mad, and I didn't blame them. But, I was mad at myself. I need to stop breaking down like that. I'm tired of it. I slap a hand over my face, and then look back up. They are looking at me funny... why? Oh yeah, I just slapped myself. I giggle, causing them to raise an eyebrow, which makes me burst out laughing. Soon we are all laughing, and I'm the only one who knows why. I hug my family, because I love them all. Then I fall asleep.

*morning*

I yawn, and stretch, before looking around the room. I on the couch, a blanket over me, with the boys, mum, and dad spread around the room asleep. I decide to surprise them with breakfast, so I go over to the kitchen. I get the pancake and bacon stuff out, before turning the stove on. Soon, the kitchen, and whole house for that matter, is filled with a delicious aroma. I breath in the smell, before going into the living room. I take a picture of all their sleeping bodies, before posting it on Twitter. I then wake them up, and they all rush to the kitchen. As they gobble down their food, I watch, holding in my laughter as they suck in the food like a vacuum cleaner. The giggles come out when dad looks up at me, food in his cheeks like a chipmunk, before mumbling a 'thank you', and stuffing more food in his mouth. I take secret spy picture of them eating like pigs, before posting those on Twitter too. All they're phones buzz at the same time, and they groan, knowing what probably happened. When they see the picture, they look up, giving me murderous glances, and that is when I run. I run into the backyard, into the little woods, running to the stream. This is my secret place, the little cave by the stream. It is where I relax, and, it is hidden and small. The only one who could fit in there besides me is Abby. The inside of the cave is pretty big, its just the entrance where you have to squeeze through. I enter, to see the books and beanbags I managed to smuggle in have been untouched, and I grin, sitting down and grabbing a random book. I sigh, and soon, I'm taking a small nap.

AN: I AM SO SORRY! I know I haven't updated all week, and I apologize. I have been SUPER busy. We had cheer tryouts this week, so I had practice Monday through Wednesday, then tryouts Thursday. Then, yesterday after school, I had a bake sale for like three and a half hours. So yes, I have a reason. But here is a chapter now!