Eigthteen

*Zayn's POV*

I sat back as Maura washed my hair. "Soooo how was school?" She asked.

"Same old same old. Niall makes it tolerable." I said.

"That's so sweet. Speaking of, you and Niall, didn't see it coming, and I am unawarely very supportive of it." Maura said.

"Niall told you that we were more than friends?" I asked her.

"Nope I assumed." She said.

"No we aren't. I don't want to be hurt or hurt him. I haven't came to terms in my life yet where I can be in a stable relationship with someone." I said.

"Well how do you know that someone being in your life wouldn't make it stable. I get that we all should work on ourselves before we begin putting ourselves in situations that would probably most likely make us seem selfish." She said. "But you never know unless you try. I've seen Niall cry because you're so sweet. If you ever make the decision to be with you I think he would hold you down. Like now." She said.

"He's already began starting something with someone else. Plus I don't trust myself. I haven't hurt Niall but I can't speak for my future self. I would want my relationship to be stable and have no interferences because of something I do." I said.

"See and that's just not a you thing. Everyone hopes that for their relationship. They hope that nothing happens to change the relationship that they have with someone but no one can predict what happens in the future." She said rinsing my hair.

"So it's unavoidable?" I said.

"Precisely." She said.

"But why Niall ? Because he's there? I don't want it to be like that. I don't want him to think that he has to because the way I feel." I said.

"He's not that type of person. No matter who you are If he feels a certain way he'll say it. You know that. And why Niall ? You both love each other." She said and stopped rinsing my hair.

"I have to think about it. Please don't tell him we had this conversation and I know that's hard because you're his mother. I'll talk to him though." I said and she began conditioning my hair.

"Okay." She said.

---

Ever since this afternoon it's been hard thinking about anything other than Niall. I can't even do my homework. But it's either don't do it because I'm thinking about Niall or call Niall over to help me with it and I don't like either of the options right now but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I FaceTime'd Niall.

"Hey Zayn. Oh I love your hair." He said and I smiled.

"Thank you so much. But I was calling because I need help with my homework and I know you don't tutor on Tuesdays but I need help. I can't focus." I said.

"On my way." He said and hung up.

I walked downstairs and by the time I was there and opened the door Niall was standing there and I let him in.

We went up to my room and he sat on my bed and collected my things so we could work in order.

"What was on your mind that you couldn't do your work silly?" He asked me.

"You." I said and his smile dropped and he looked at me.

"What about me?" He said.

"I can't lie to you but I can't tell you." I said.