Twenty Five

*Zayn's POV*

I can't believe we're doing this. It's 40 degrees out here. It's the last day in November about to be December and we're really sleeping in a treehouse. He set up the ginormous sleeping bag on the middle of the treehouse floor.

We got on the floor. It was about 9 right now but we ate and came straight here. The week has been somewhat sorta tough for Niall and he's been shutting me out. I'm letting him have his space but I don't like it one bit.

He zipped up the sleeping bag and we still had room in between us. What perfect time to talk.

"How have you been this past week and please be honest with me Niall." I said.

"It's been rough okay? But I've been learning to deal with stuff on my own and I'm getting by. You're not going to be around all the time so I need to know that there are times to be dependent but there are also times to be independent." He said.

He looked away. "Hey I get that. And I'll learn to accept that. But you can always just let me know. I'm worried about you because I care about you. As long as you let me know I can know how to feel." I said.

"Well sorry I just thought that you would like want to be the person who helps figure out what's wrong and you know stop it." He said.

"I know when to give space." I said.

"Zayn." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"I know I've asked you many times but what were you thinking about a couple days ago. What was on your mind. I don't want to keep picking at the same wound but." He said and my lips went into a thin line.

"-if you don't want to talk about it then don't I was just asking if this was the right time to?" He asked.

"I'll tell you in the near future. I promise." I said.

"Pinkie?" He asked and I laughed taking my glove off and pinkie promising with him.

He looked at my hands. "First time I really haven't seen you with a ring on your finger." He said and began tracing the pattern of my hand.

"Yeah I just didn't think it was necessary to wear." I said.

"Other than that, your hands are pretty warm." He said and put my hand to caress his face.

"I'm pretty comfortable, you're cold?" I asked him.

"Yeah a little bit." He said and I scored closer to him and wrapped my arms around him.

He smiled. "I get it now. The reason why I wake up so hot when we cuddle. Because you're hot." He said and I winked.

"Thanks I know." I said and he laughed.

"I mean besides looks, temperature wise you're like a sauna. They say warm hands means a cold heart," He said playing with the zipper on my coat.

"I might just have to agree with that statement, even though I don't want to ." I said and he looked at me in the eyes.

"You don't have a cold heart." He said.

"I'm pretty sure I do. I can be very rude." I said.

"Yeah but you can be very sweet. Very sweet." He said and I smiled a bit.

I saw him shiver a bit and so I unzipped my coat and he pushed his arms so that they were around my torso.

"Okay now I'm really warm. Thank you." He said.

"Of course." I said.

"Tell me how you were before high school." He said.