Fifthteen

*Niall's POV*

My heart has been calming down lately. It's been coming down lately but he makes it best out my chest. The way he touches me I go crazy and not even in a sexual way.

And that's bad. Because friends don't make your heart beat out of your chest. And if it's not sexual stimulation that makes that happen then this is bad. These a relationship feelings. Romantic relationship feelings. And I feel so bad.

I KNOW HE'S TRYING. I think it's me that isn't.

I don't know why I think that I can do something to change him. That I can be the person that makes him believe that love is something that he can one day have. And in a romantic way, not platonically.

I have to stop. I'm going to hurt myself. So I just have to chill. My phone vibrated and I looked at it and it was Liam. I answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Niall." He said and there was a awkward pause.

"Niall I wanted to call and apologize. It's been so long since I talked to you. And I think that it's time for me to stop acting like a jackass. You did something I didn't like and I threw a temper tantrum. That was so childish. And in the process of me being immature I lost a friend, and it hurts. You know. It's one thing for some to walk out your life but it's harder when you know that they walked out because of you. I really do apologize for the way I acted. I'm really sorry. I hope that you can forgive me." He said.

"I've already forgiven you Li. You made a decision and I respected it. I didn't like it though. You understand that I will do what I want? I get it sometimes I do need your opinion but other times I don't. You may say something about what I don't need your opinion on. Say whatever you want. But don't jump to say something every time I speak on the issue. I want to be able to tell you things because I am your friend but if you have a nasty comment every time I tell you about something specific I feel that I can't talk to you. That makes our friendship weaken. You have been damaging to our friendship while I have been trying to find happiness. I'm not trying to contradict everything you told me or speak down on you but this happened and I'm telling you what you did. I can't continue our friendship if you'll end up doing it again." I said.

"I won't, I promise. You won't have to worry." He said.

"You just promised. I'm telling you that. So if I say anything and you trip about it I know that you were lying from the jump. You let something so small come between our friendship and I don't know if you know but that has made me question how strong our relationship was in the first place." I said.

"I don't know. Our friendship has always been strong. I promise you. I just felt like you should have listened to me and I guess I got upset because I was trying to tell you something that you weren't even giving thought but I should have listened to you. My ears were closed. I was only listening to you to respond and to not to understand and all of this is bad on my part." He said.

"Liam I have no problem being your friend. We've been friends for years. I just don't want another repeat." I said.

"I swear." Liam said.

"Good. Now I do have to finish my homework. It's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things so I'll text you later." I said.

"Okay. I understand. Talk to you later." He said and I hung up.

Today was Friday and I didn't have to go over there today. But we were going out tonight. I'm not sure where. He never tell me where. I kinda like that though.